|This page or section lists people that share the same given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|
- Melchior Anderegg (1828–1914), Swiss mountain guide.
- Melchior Berri (1801–1854), Swiss architect.
- Melchior Broederlam (c. 1350 – after 1409), a Dutch painter.
- Melchior Cano (1525–1560), Spanish theologian.
- Melchior Cibinensis, 16th century Hungarian alchemical writer.
- Melchior Goldast ab Haiminsfeld (1576–1635), Swiss writer.
- Melchior d'Hondecoeter (1636–1695), Dutch animalier.
- Melchior de Polignac (1661–1742), French diplomat, Roman Catholic cardinal.
- Melchior de Vogüé (1848–1910), French diplomat, travel writer, archaeologist, philanthropist.
- Melchior Franck (1579–1639), German composer of the very early Baroque era.
- Melchior Hoffman (c. 1495–1543), German-Dutch Anabaptist prophet.
- Melchior Inchofer (Imhofer) (c. 1584-1648), Jesuit who took part in Galileo's trial.
- Melchior Klesl (Cleselius) (1552–1630), Austrian bishop statesman.
- Melchior Lengyel (Lebovics Menyhért) (1880–1974), Hungarian writer.
- Melchior Lorck (Lorichs/Lorch) (1526–1583), Danish-German renaissance painter.
- Melchior Ndadaye (1953–1993), Burundian intellectual and politician.
- Melchior Schildt (1592/93–1667), German composer and organist.
- Melchior Wathelet, Belgian politician and member of the Humanist Democratic Centre (cdH)
- Melchior Wathelet, Jr., Belgian politician and member of the Centre démocrate humaniste
- Melchior Wańkowicz (1892–1974), Polish writer, journalist and publisher.
- Melchior Weiher (1574–1643), Polish nobleman.
- John Melchior Bosco, (1815-1888), Catholic saint, educator, and founder of the Salesians.
- Henry Melchior Muhlenberg, (1711-1787), Lutheran minister and missionary, founder of the Lutheran Church in the United States, and patriarch of the Muhlenberg family.
- Giuseppe Melchiorre Sarto, (1835-1914), Catholic saint, Pope (Pius X).
- Arne Melchior, Danish politician, government minister and son of Marcus Melchior.
- Bent Melchior (born 1929), chief rabbi of Denmark and also a son of Marcus Melchior.
- Carl Melchior, German banker, advisor for the financial and economic negotiations that began at the Paris Peace Conference.
- Dan Melchior, British singer/songwriter/guitarist.
- Eberhard Melchior, German mathematician, PhD in 1937.
- Eberhard Melchior (naturalist), active around 1700.
- Ernst Melchior (1920–1978), Austrian football player.
- Friedrich Melchior, Baron von Grimm (1723–1807), German author.
- Hans Melchior (1894–1984), German botanist.
- Hans Bøchmann Melchior (1773—1831), Danish Naturalist.
- Ib Melchior (born 1917), Danish-born creator of low-budget American science-fiction films and son of Lauritz Melchior.
- Israel B. Melchior (1827–1893), Danish engineer, manufacturer and amateur photographer.
- Lauritz Melchior, renowned Danish operatic tenor, especially noted for his Wagnerian roles.
- Marcus Melchior (1897–1969), chief rabbi of Denmark.
- Michael Melchior (born 1954), Danish-Norwegian rabbi, Israeli politician and son of Bent Melchior.
- Simone Melchior Cousteau (1919–1990), wife of undersea explorer Jacques-Yves Cousteau.
- Tracy Melchior (born 1973), American actress.
- Melchior Tresich, the main protagonist of Ranko Marinković's novel Kiklop (1965)
- Melchior, a character in Tom Stoppard's On the Razzle (play).
- Melchior, one of three parts of the biological super computer in Neon Genesis Evangelion manga and anime.
- Melchior, one of three sages of Shevat in the game Xenogears.
- Melchior, a Ceyah immortal from the video game Kohan II: Kings of War.
- Melchior, an asteroid prison in Jack L. Chalker The Rings of the Master series.
- Melchior, a cosmic being in the Ascended Master Teachings of Joshua David Stone, who is said to govern our sector (1/12) of the Milky Way Galaxy from the constellation of the Great Bear.
- Melchior, the Guru of Life in the game Chrono Trigger.
- Melchior Boehni, a character in the novella Kleider Machen Leute by Gottfried Keller
- Melchior Gabor, the lead male character in Spring Awakening (play) and the Spring Awakening (musical).
- Melchior Hazard, father of Dora and Nora in Angela Carter's novel 'Wise Children'.
- Melchior Sternfels von Fuchshaim, protagonist in the Baroque German novel Simplicius Simplicissimus.
- Melchior, laptop/webgoblin in Kelly McCullough's Ravirn series.
- As Melchyor, a character in the 2012 novel Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith.
- Melchior von und zu Panke, a character in the German TV series Binny and the Ghost
- An antagonist in Tales of Berseria.
- He is a plague doctor in the book 'Mark of the plague' written by Kevin Sands
- Wilhelm Melchior, famous playwright and director in Clouds of Sils Maria.