This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)
Red Televisiva Megavisión (MEGA) is a Chilean private television network headquartered in Santiago. It currently airs on digital frequency channel 27 (ISDB-Tb) for HDTV. In 2012, ownership of Mega channel was transferred from Claro Group to Bethia Group. In June 2016, Discovery Inc. acquired 27.5% of Mega channel for close to $40 million.
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
|Owner||Mega Media (72.5%) |
Warner Bros. Discovery (27.5%)
|Launched||October 23, 1990|
|Former names||Megavisión (1990-2001)|
|Digital VHF||Listings may vary|
|Analog VHF||Listings may vary|
Mega began broadcasting on 23 October 1990. It was originally named Red Televisiva Megavisión before changing its name in 2001. It is the first private broadcaster in Chile.
Among the many TV shows broadcast on MEGA are:
- Más Vale Tarde (Late night Talk show)
- Morandé con Compañía (variety show)
- Mucho gusto (breakfast television)
- Meganoticias (Daily News brand)
- Megadeportes (Daily Sports brand)
- El Tiempo en Mega (Climate show)
- Verdades Ocultas. (Soap Opera)
- Yo soy Lorenzo. (Soap Opera)
- 100 dias para enamorarse.(TV Series)
- 1990-1991: El otro canal (The other channel)
- 1991-1992: Megavisión, estamos con usted (Megavision, we are with you)
- 1992-2001: Megavisión, mucho que ver (Megavision, much to see.)
- 2001-2010: Mega, ¡Se Vive! (Mega, It lives!.)
- 2010-2013: Mega, ¡me gusta! (Mega, I like it!)
- 2013-2015: Mega, cambia contigo (Mega, changes with you.)
- 2015-2018: Mi Mega (My Mega)
- 2018-2020: Tú nos inspiras (You inspire us)
- 2020–present: Comparte (Share it)
- "Anatel Mega". Anatel. Archived from the original on 25 March 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "December 30, 2011 Important Chilean group acquires Mega free-to-air TV channel". nextvlatam.com. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Discovery Group acquires 27,5% of Mega".