Medford metropolitan area, Oregon
The Medford metropolitan area is a metropolitan area in the U.S. state of Oregon centered on the principal city of Medford, Oregon. The U.S. Office of Management and Budget identifies it as the Medford, OR Metropolitan Statistical Area, a metropolitan statistical area used by the United States Census Bureau (USCB) and other entities. The OBM defines the area as comprising all of Jackson County, including Medford, Ashland and Central Point. The Medford metropolitan area also includes Grants Pass in neighboring Josephine County, though the OMB excludes it. The USCB includes Medford and Grants Pass as a combined statistical area called the Medford-Grants Pass, Oregon Combined Statistical Area, comprising both Jackson and Josephine counties. The area's population is estimated at 285,919 in 2010, making it the second largest combined statistical area and the fourth largest metropolitan area in Oregon, after Portland, Salem, and Eugene–Springfield.
Medford metropolitan area
|Medford, OR Metropolitan Statistical Area|
|Largest city||Medford (77,677)|
|Other cities||Grants Pass (34,533)|
Central Point (17,169)
Eagle Point (8,624)
|Highest elevation||7,047 ft (2,148 m)|
|Lowest elevation||430 ft (131 m)|
|• Rank||205th in the U.S.|
|• Density||70/sq mi (26/km2)|
- "OMB BULLETIN NO. 08 - 01" (archive). WhiteHouse.gov. U.S. Office of Management and Budget. 20 November 2007. p. 40. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "MEDFORD, OR METRO AREA". Data USA. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "OREGON - Core Based Statistical Areas (CBSAs) and Counties" (map). census.gov. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "MEDFORD - GRANTS PASS". CityPopulation.de. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "US Census Bureau 2010 Census Interactive Population Map – Jackson County, OR". census.gov. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "US Census Bureau 2010 Census Interactive Population Map – Josephine County, OR". census.gov. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
|This Oregon-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|