|Directed by||Dmitry Meskhiev|
|Produced by||Olga Vasilieva|
|Written by||Gennadiy Ostrovskiy|
|Music by||Leonid Fyodorov|
|Edited by||Tamara Lipartia|
Kolya (Sergei Golovkin), an employee from the patent department of a plant, goes to Lykovo near St. Petersburg for the weekend and dies of a heart attack. The administration of the plant decides to transport the body to the homeland of the deceased for burial. For this purpose two people are sent on a business trip: Markerants (Sergei Garmash), who at any time can develop an ulcer, and business-minded Mityagin (Mikhail Porechenkov).
On the way, Mityagin offers Markerants to drink a toast in the dining car for Kolya, for destiny, for their country. All ends with Markerants giving all the money collected by the plant for Kolya's burial to some woman named Lyuyba (Evgeniya Dobrovolskaya).
Having lost their travel money, they go on an adventure and drive with the stiff in a normal train compartment. A chance passenger, Edouard (Konstantin Khabensky), who has stolen an item worth $50,000 from a factory, drops his immensely heavy suitcase on the dead man's head. Edouard ends up thinking that he is the culprit in Kolya's death. To get rid of the evidence, he throws the corpse out the window. The greedy Mityagin decides to take advantage of the situation and demands money so that he will not to give out the "murderer". This leads to everyone subsequently finding themselves under the persecution of the mafia and the police.
- Mikhail Porechenkov as Mityagin
- Sergei Garmash as Markerants
- Konstantin Khabensky as Edouard
- Sergei Makovetsky as operative officer Plyuganovskiy
- Andrei Zibrov as machinist Viktor
- Oksana Bazilevich as striptease dancer Asya
- Aleksandr Bashirov as man in a police car
- Zoya Buryak as beer seller
- Anna Geller
- Sergei Golovkin as deceased Kolya
- Yevgenia Dobrovolskaya as Lyuba
- Yury Kuznetsov as pathologist
- Irina Rozanova as Olga
- Aleksandr Fatyushin as Major Lebedev
- Zinaida Sharko as Plyuganovskiy's mother
- "О ПРОЕКТЕ Механическая сюита. Х/ф". Russia-1.
- Dmitri Bykov (January 2002). "Механическая пьеса для неоконченного пианино. "Механическая сюита", режиссер Дмитрий Месхиев". No. 1. Iskusstvo Kino. Cite magazine requires
- "Механическая сюита". Энциклопедия кино.
- "The Mechanical Suite (2001)". Konstantin Khabenskiy's International Site.
- "Лауреаты Национальной кинематографической премии "НИКА" за 2001 год". Nika Awards.
- "2001". Russian Guild of Film Critics.
- "Актерское "Созвездие" закончилось окончательно". Lenta.ru.