This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018)
The McLeod Center is a 7,018-seat multi-purpose arena on the campus of the University of Northern Iowa (UNI) in Cedar Falls, Iowa, USA, currently housing the university's teams in men's and women's basketball, and women's volleyball. The arena opened on November 18, 2006, with a volleyball game against Bradley. The other three UNI teams made their debuts in the facility over the next three days — men's basketball versus Milwaukee on November 19, women's basketball against Iowa State on November 20, and wrestling versus Iowa on November 21.
|Location||Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States|
|Owner||University of Northern Iowa|
|Operator||University of Northern Iowa|
|Broke ground||October 9, 2004|
|Opened||November 18, 2006|
|Construction cost||$26 million|
($33.4 million in 2020 dollars)
|Structural engineer||Martin/Martin, Inc.|
|Services engineer||M-E Engineers, Inc.|
|General contractor||Cardinal Construction|
|UNI Panthers (NCAA DI) (2006–present)|
The McLeod Center replaced the UNI-Dome as the home of the university's basketball teams and West Gymnasium as the home of the volleyball and wrestling teams (the wrestling squad moved back to the West Gym after the 2007-2008 season). The McLeod Center is located on the west end of the campus, directly south of the UNI-Dome and connected by a covered walkway that also houses an extensive athletic hall of fame.
A video board is located on the south wall with home and visiting team scoreboards on either side showing the players' game information. There are two scoreboards on the north side and ribbon boards above the concession stands on the east and west sides.
Since opening, the arena has had quite a significant positive economic impact for the university. It brings in $20–25 million annually, doubled the attendance of basketball games, and has almost 400,000 visitors a year.
The arena also hosts commencement ceremonies throughout the year and can be used for recreation upon request.
During the 2009-2010, 2014-2015, and 2019-2020 men's basketball seasons, the team was undefeated at the McLeod Center.
- On May 18, 2010, the McLeod Center was the first building in Iowa to host the 14th Dalai Lama.
- On October 24, 2010, Bob Dylan performed at the venue.
- Other artists who have performed include Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan, Rodney Atkins, The All-American Rejects, Meat Loaf, Miranda Lambert, Gloriana and Alan Jackson.
- 1634 to 1699: McCusker, J. J. (1992). How Much Is That in Real Money? A Historical Price Index for Use as a Deflator of Money Values in the Economy ofthe United States: Addenda et Corrigenda (PDF). American Antiquarian Society. 1700-1799: McCusker, J. J. (1992). How much is that in real money?: a historical price index for use as a deflator of money values in the economy of the United States (PDF). American Antiquarian Society. 1800–present: Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- MPA Focus Summer 09
- "College Arenas". M-E Engineers, Inc. Archived from the original on January 13, 2008.
- McLeod Center | Rod Library
- Lama, The 14th Dalai (2020-01-31). "His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Cedar Falls, IA -". The 14th Dalai Lama. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, AMIE STEFFEN. "Music icon Bob Dylan to play at McLeod Center". Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier. Retrieved 2020-01-31.