McGarryBowen is an advertising agency founded in 2002 by John McGarry, former president of Young & Rubicam, Stewart Owen, former chief strategic officer of Young & Rubicam, and Gordon Bowen, a former executive creative director at Ogilvy & Mather and Young & Rubicam and who together until 2008 held roughly 90% of the company . McGarryBowen was acquired for an undisclosed amount by Dentsu in 2008. It currently has offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Bangalore, Shanghai, and Düsseldorf.
New York, New York, United States
|Gordon Bowen, Founder and Chairman|
McGarryBowen's clients include Maserati, Staples, Intel, American Express, Marriott International,, Chevron, Crayola, Kraft Foods, Disney, JCPenney, Brand USA, and Clorox Specialty Brands. Until 2008 it was ranked as the largest independent advertising agency in New York and 11th in the U.S., as ranked by AdAge 2005.  Following both agencies' acquisition by Dentsu in 2008, McGarryBowen became a sibling agency to 360i. McGarryBowen was named as AdAge's Agency of the Year in 2009, and 2011, as well as the No. 2 agency on AdAge's Agency A List for 2010.
McGarryBowen opened their first international office in London in April 2012, following a merger with sister agency Dentsu London, and almost immediately won the £25 million European launch campaign for Honda's fourth-generation CR-V.
As of 2012[update]
- Gordon Bowen, Founder and Chairman
- Simon Pearce, US Chief Executive Officer
- Ned Crowley, US Chief Creative Officer
- Jennifer Zimmerman, Chief Strategic Officer
- "McGarryBowen Sells Its Soul To Dentsu". Mediabistro.com. November 12, 2008.
- "McGarryBowen Drives Away With Maserati". Advertising Age. Oct 29, 2013.
- "Staples Leaves McCann After 9 Years". Adweek. May 28, 2013.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2012-08-02. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Dentsu Holdings USA, Inc. to Acquire McGarry Bowen, LLC of the United States". Dentsu. 2008-10-01. Archived from the original on 2009-06-26. Retrieved 2010-05-24. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Patel, Kunur (2010-01-25). "Dentsu Acquires 360i, Taking a Big Digital Shop off the Table". Advertising Age. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- Parekh, Rupal (2010-01-25). "McGarryBowen Is Ad Age's Agency of the Year". Advertising Age. Retrieved 2010-12-02.
- Morrison, Maureen (2012-01-23). "Agency of the Year McGarryBowen Proves Solid and Reliable Beat Fast and Furious". Advertising Age.
- Creamer, Matthew (2011-01-24). "McGarryBowen Is No. 2 on the Ad Age Agency A-List". Advertising Age.
- "School Reports 2012: Dentsu London". Campaign. 2 April 2012.
- Sara Kimberley (3 July 2012). "Honda Europe appoints Msgarrybowen to £25m ad brief". Campaign.
- Advertising Age - http://adage.com/article/special-report-agency-alist-2017/mcgarrybowen-2017-comeback-agency-year/307607/
- Advertising Age - http://adage.com/article/agency-news/american-express-hires-mcgarrybowen-explain-offerings/309335/
- Advertising Age - http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/brita-filter-negativity-twitter/308581/
- Adweek - http://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/tom-brady-epically-brushes-his-teeth-intels-super-bowl-ad-promoting-replay-technology-175492/