Mazdoor (English: Worker) is a 1983 Hindi film. Produced by B. R. Chopra it is directed by his son Ravi Chopra. The film stars Dilip Kumar, Nanda, Raj Babbar, Suresh Oberoi, Rati Agnihotri, Padmini Kolhapure, Iftekhar, Madan Puri and Johnny Walker. The music of the film is by R. D. Burman. This was veteran actress Nanda's final appearance before her retirement from acting.
|Directed by||Ravi Chopra|
|Produced by||B. R. Chopra|
|Music by||R. D. Burman|
|Distributed by||B. R. Films|
|October 14, 1983|
Mr. Sinha (Suresh Oberoi) changes everything in order to maximize profits. This brings him into conflict with his employees including Dinanath Saxena. When Dinanath openly confronts Hiralal in a public meeting, Hiralal wants him to tender a written apology, but Dinanath instead resigns and decides to open his very own mill with the help of a struggling Engineer, Ashok Mathur. They do eventually succeed, go into production, hire employees, and soon earn a good reputation. Dinanath gets his daughter, Meena, married to Ashok, who becomes a ghar jamai, much to the chagrin of Smita, the daughter of multi-millionaire Kundanlal Batra, who had expected Ashok to marry her. She soon concocts a scheme to bring discord in the Mathur family, and also ensure Ashok's ruin.
- Dilip Kumar as Dinanath Saxena
- Nanda as Radha Saxena
- Raj Babbar as Ashok Mathur
- Padmini Kolhapure as Meena Saxena
- Rati Agnihotri as Smita Batra
- Raj Kiran as Ramesh Saxena
- Suresh Oberoi as Heeralal Sinha
- Madan Puri as Daulatram
- Johnny Walker as Govinda
- Iftekhar as Kundanlal Batra
- Nazir Hussain as Mr. Sinha
- Jagdish Raj as Bank Manager Tiwari
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
|1.||"Hum Mehnatkash Is Duniya Se"||Mahendra Kapoor||04:44|
|2.||"Naach Uthi"||Asha Bhosle||03:56|
|3.||"Pet Mein Roti, Tan Par Kapda"||Mahendra Kapoor, Chandrashekhar Gadgil||05:17|
|4.||"Tumhe Bhool Jaane Ka Haq Hai"||Asha Bhosle||04:56|
|5.||"Nana Ho Gaya Diwana"||Mahendra Kapoor, Hariharan||06:15|
|6.||"Pahla Pahla Pyaar"||Salma Agha||03:59|
|7.||"Baat Adhoori Kyu Hai"||Asha Bhosle||04:13|
- Raakhee Gulzar was to play Nanda's role.
- This was one of Nazir Hussain's last film.
- In the 1980s an English serial, Master Of The Game had nearly same story as Mazdoor.
- After Nikaah, Salma Agha was also to be in Mazdoor and even recorded one song but didn't do the film and she was also acting in Amit Khanna's Sheeshe Ke Ghar opposite Raj Babbar she even recorded all the songs, like Mazdoor she also didn't do this film then Padmini Kolhapure replaced her.
- Rati Agnihothri was uncomfortable with her role and asked Ravi Chopra if she could leave the film. He assured her she would perform well and to just leave it up to him to make sure she performed well.
- Mazdoor Movie: Showtimes, Review, Trailer, Posters, News & Videos | eTimes, retrieved 1 February 2020