Mayhem Festival 2011
The heavy metal music tour, Mayhem Festival 2011, was the fourth annual Mayhem Festival created by Kevin Lyman. The official lineup was announced on January 31, 2011. It was the first year that the festival utilized a rotating main stage slot, and the first year that the tour had more than one act returning from previous lineups.
|North American tour by Mayhem Festival|
|Start date||July 9, 2011|
|End date||August 14, 2011|
|No. of shows||27|
|Mayhem Festival concert chronology|
Rotating Main Stage openersEdit
The 2011 iteration of Mayhem Festival was notable as the first year in which the tour utilized multiple acts to fill the opening slot on the Main stage on different ranges of days. Machine Head opened the Main stage from the tour's onset until July 20, Trivium performed from July 22 to August 2, and In Flames played from August 3 until they dropped off the tour. While one band opened the main stage, the other two instead performed as headliners on the Jägermeister Mobile Stage and Revolver Stage.
In Flames drops off festivalEdit
On July 31, Swedish band In Flames announced that they would not be able to continue touring with the festival by posting this on their official website: "It is with huge regret that today with immediate effect In Flames must cancel their current US shows as part of the Mayhem tour and their own US Headline shows. But due to a serious terminal illness of one the band's immediate family members they feel they have no option. We have had the most amazing and fun times as part of the Mayhem tour and we are truly grateful for all the support the whole festival has shown. We will be back at the start of 2012. Once again our apologies"
Mayhem Festival 2011 lineupEdit
Rotating Main Stage openersEdit
- In Flames
- Suicide Silence
- All Shall Perish (cancelled July 24, replaced by The Athiarchists for that date)
- Straight Line Stitch
Jägermeister Mobile StageEdit
- The Athiarchists (headlining in place of In Flames after 7/30)
- Trivium (headlining 7/09-7/20)
- Kingdom of Sorrow
- Red Fang
- Jägermeister Battle of the Bands winner
- Debenedictis, Matt (January 31, 2011). "Disturbed, Godsmack, Megadeth Headlining Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2011". Noisecreep. AOL Music. Retrieved March 13, 2011.
-  Archived December 8, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "In Flames forced to cancel rest of the US tour". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Updated: Official Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival Details Revealed". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. January 31, 2011. Archived from the original on March 10, 2011. Retrieved March 13, 2011.
- "2011 Tour Dates". mayhemfest.com. November 24, 2010. Archived from the original on November 25, 2010. Retrieved November 24, 2010.
- "Dates / Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. 2013 Bands Announced Tickets On Sale Now". Rockstarmayhemfest.com. 2011-07-26. Archived from the original on 2013-08-19. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- merihkolat. "Blog / Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. 2013 Bands Announced Tickets On Sale Now / Important Show Note Regarding Trivium". Rockstarmayhemfest.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2013-11-02.