Maybank Tower is a 32 storey 175.26 m (575.0 ft) skyscraper and the current headquarters of Maybank in Singapore.
|Alternative names||Maybank Chambers|
|Location||2 Battery Road, Singapore 049907|
|Coordinates||1°17′09″N 103°51′08″E / 1.2859°N 103.8523°ECoordinates: 1°17′09″N 103°51′08″E / 1.2859°N 103.8523°E|
|Roof||175.26 m (575.0 ft)|
|Floor count||32 and 1 basements|
|Design and construction|
|Structural engineer||T. Y. Lin International|
|Main contractor||Eng Lim Construction|
The building was completed in 2001, replacing the Malayan Bank Chambers building. When night falls, only the logo and the first few levels of the building are lit. 
In mid-2008 two bright light stripes were added to the outer edges of the building from the ground to the roof. As the building is situated behind the national icon of Singapore, the statue of the Merlion, on Marina Bay, the building is often featured as a backdrop to the Merlion on local postcards.
The building features a 6-storey podium clad in granite and aluminium panels. The Tower tapers at the top where the bank logo is located.
The top is clad with double-glazed blue reflective glass and an aluminium curtain wall panel.
18 September 2010 fireEdit
A fire broke out at Maybank Tower early on the morning of 18 September 2010, burning through two letters of the Maybank logo atop the building.
The bank's security guard was patrolling the building's surroundings along Battery Road at around 12.30 am when he spotted and reported the fire.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) put out the fire within 15 minutes by spraying two water jets from the rooftop. There were no injuries, and the cause of the fire at the 33rd floor where the Maybank neon sign is hoisted is under investigation.
Structural engineers have inspected the stainless steel frames that hold the neon sign and reported that the building is structurally safe, said a Maybank spokesman.
- ^ "Emporis building ID 106553". Emporis. Archived from the original on 18 March 2016.
- ^ Maybank Tower at Glass Steel and Stone (archived)
- ^ "Maybank Tower". SkyscraperPage.
- ^ Maybank Tower at Structurae
- ^ Chua, Joshua Yeong Jia. "Whiteaway Laidlaw". Singapore Infopedia. National Library Board. Retrieved 15 July 2022.
- ^ "Maybank Singapore » BanksinSG.COM". BanksinSG.COM. 19 January 2020. Retrieved 17 April 2020.
- ^ "Maybank Singapore Branches and Opening Hours » BanksinSG.COM". BanksinSG.COM. 23 January 2020. Retrieved 9 August 2020.