May Craig (actress)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
May Craig (1889 - 1972) was an Irish actress. She was born in Dublin.
She was first listed as May Craig in 1907 in the world premiere of The Playboy of the Western World. She became an actress with the Abbey Theatre from 1916 - 1968. During her professional life with the Abbey Theatre she appeared in many productions which can be seen in the Abbey Theatre archives. May Craig performed on six tours of North America with the Abbey Theatre and has been described as one of Ireland's senior character actresses.
In 1931 she appeared in a play by Irish playwright Teresa Deevy called A Disciple and in 1947 she appeared in In Search of Valour where she played the part of Mrs. Maher. As an actress, May Craig has been seen in movies such as The Rising of the Moon (1957), The Quiet Man (1952), Girl with Green Eyes (1964), Johnny Nobody (1961) and Saintly Sinners (1962).
- The Playboy of the Western World 1907
- A Disciple 1931
- In Search of Valour 1947
- "The Playboy of the Western World 1907 (Abbey) | Abbey Archives | Abbey Theatre - Amharclann na Mainistreach". Abbey Theatre.
- "Craig, May | Abbey Archives | Abbey Theatre - Amharclann na Mainistreach". Abbey Theatre.
- "May Craig – Broadway Cast & Staff | IBDB". www.ibdb.com.
- "A Disciple · Teresa Deevy Archive". Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "In Search of Valour". Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "May Craig". BFI.