Maverick Rowan (born July 14, 1996) is an American professional basketball player for the St. John's Edge of NBL Canada. He played college basketball for the North Carolina State University and participated in the 2017 NBA draft, but ultimately withdrew his name from the draft after the college deadline.
|No. 11 – St. John's Edge|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|Born||July 14, 1996|
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|College||NC State (2015–2017)|
|NBA draft||2018 / Undrafted|
|2019||Maine Red Claws|
|2019–present||St. John's Edge|
High school and college careerEdit
Rowan, the son of former NBA player Ron Rowan, played high school ball at Lincoln Park High School in Midland, Pennsylvania and at Cardinal Gibbons in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He earned Pennsylvania 1A Player of the Year honors as a sophomore and Florida 5A Player of the Year distinction his junior year.
He joined the North Carolina State men's basketball team for the 2015-16 season, averaging 12.9 points per game, hitting 81 of his 241 shots taken from beyond the arc, which set a new NC State freshman record. He also corralled 3.1 rebounds per contest.
As a sophomore, Rowan sank 53 threes in 25 games, pouring in 12.0 points and 3.7 boards per outing. After the conclusion of the 2016-17 campaign, he opted to forgo the remaining two years of his college eligibility to launch his professional career and to enter the 2017 NBA draft. He was originally one of three NC State players to do so, with the others being Ted Kapita and Dennis Smith Jr. However, Rowan was one of two college players during the international players' draft deadline to withdraw his name from the 2017 draft while also not returning to college.
On August 3, 2017, Rowan signed a three-year deal with Serbian club FMP Belgrade. On October 12, 2017, he was released by FMP after appearing in three ABA League games. He averaged 2 points and 0.7 rebounds per game.
Lakeland Magic (2017–2018)Edit
Westchester Knicks (2018)Edit
Austin Spurs (2019)Edit
Maine Red Claws (2019–present)Edit
- "North Carolina State's Maverick Rowan: Enters name in NBA Draft". theScore.com. Retrieved June 4, 2017.
- Bloom, Elizabeth (January 19, 2016). "Former Pitt recruit Maverick Rowan ready for 'Zoo-ish' homecoming". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- "NC State's Maverick Rowan Will Not PlayTuesday Night". www.fanragsports.com. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- "Maverick Rowan leaving NC State to pursue a pro career". newsobserver. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- "TheWolfpacker.com - NC State sophomore forward Maverick Rowan is leaving". April 13, 2017. Retrieved June 4, 2017.
- Maverick Rowan signs 3-year deal with FMP
- "FMP part ways with Maverick Rowan". aba-liga.com. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- "Westchester Knicks Acquire Maverick Rowan". NBA.com. November 23, 2018. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "Austin Spurs Acquire Maverick Rowan". NBA.com. January 7, 2018. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- Boston, Evans (March 12, 2018). "Red Claws Add Maverick Rowan". NBA.com. Retrieved March 12, 2018.