Matthew Lee (born 5 March 1998) is a British diver. Adept in both individual and synchronized diving, and across both 3 metre springboard and platform, Lee won the gold medal in 10 metre platform at the 2015 European Games, the mixed 10 metre synchronised platform at the 2017 European Diving Championships and has twice been European junior champion on the 3 metre springboard. At world level, Lee won the silver medal in the mixed 10 metre synchronized platform event at the 2017 World Championships.
|Born||5 March 1998|
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
|Country|| Great Britain|
|Coached by||Mark Holdsworth|
In 2012, Lee competed at his first European Junior Championships. He won the 3m Springboard gold and then went to compete at the World Junior Championships later in the season, securing a top result of seventh in the Group B Platform.
In 2013, Lee won medals in all three Group B individual events at his second European Junior Championships, defending his 3m title and taking silver in 10m Platform, bronze in 1m Springboard.
In 2014, he debuted as a senior in the World Cup series. He was selected to compete at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, but withdrew from the diving squad due to injury.
At the 2017 European Diving Championships in Kiev, Lee won a bronze in the Men's 10 metre platform, and a gold in the mixed 10m platform synchro with diving partner Lois Toulson. The pair then won a silver at the 2017 World Aquatics Championships in the 10m mixed synchro.
At the 2018 British Diving Championships, Lee and his partner Kyle Kothari (from London) won the 10m synchro event with a final score of 406.17, a sizeable margin over the second place score of 388.50.. He came 2nd in the men's 10m platform with a score of 485.60
Lee and his partner Lois Toulson won a bronze at the 2018 FINA Diving World Series held in Beijing in the mixed platform synchro. At the 2018 European Championships held in Glasgow/Edinburgh, Lee and Toulson won a silver in the mixed 10 metre platform synchro.
- Britain bag double Baku 2015 European Games gold on final night of diving
- "Matty Lee wins fourth European medal with 10m bronze". Swimming.org. 19 June 2017.
- "European Diving Championships: Lois Toulson and Matty Lee win Great Britain's third gold". BBC Sport. 16 June 2017.
- Hope, Nick. "World Aquatics Championships: Lois Toulson and Matty Lee win diving silver". BBC Sport.
- "toulson and lee take bronze at diving world series". British Swimming. 11 March 2018.
- "Lee and Toulson land synchro silver". British Swimming. 11 August 2018.
- Hope, Nick (22 October 2018). "Tom Daley & Jack Laugher change diving partners ahead of Tokyo 2020". BBC Sport.