This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Mastuj (Urdu: مستوج) is a town and Tehsil of Upper Chitral District in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. It is located at 36°17'0N 72°31'0E with an altitude of 2359 metres (7742 feet). There are ruins of old fort built originally in 18th century and reconstructed several times.
|Coordinates: 36°17′0″N 72°31′0″E / 36.28333°N 72.51667°E|
|Elevation||2,359 m (7,740 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
|Postal Index Number|
1710 - 0xx
Adjacent administrative unitsEdit
- Wakhan District, Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan (north)
- Ishkoman Tehsil, Ghizer District, Gilgit-Baltistan (northeast)
- Yasin Tehsil, Ghizer District, Gilgit-Baltistan (east)
- Gupis Tehsil, Ghizer District, Gilgit-Baltistan (southeast)
- Behrain Tehsil, Swat District (southeast)
- Sharingal Tehsil, Upper Dir District (southwest)
- Chitral Tehsil (southwest)
The main villages include Buni, Mastuj, Khouzh, Kargin, Marthing, Chuinj, Parkusap, Reshun, Parwak, Kuragh, Aveer, Chapali and Brep.
Tehsil Mastuj starts right after the end of Baranis, Reshun, Kuragh, Buni, Aveer, Parwak, Mastuj, Chinar, Chuinj, Chapali, Brep, Bang and Meragram are the main beautiful areas of Tehsil Mastuj.
- ^ "District and Tehsil Level Population Summary With Region Breakup: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa" (PDF). Pakistan Bureau of Statistics. 2018-01-03. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2018-04-24. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- ^ "Mastuj fort | Hindukush Heights Chitral". www.hindukush.com.pk. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06.
- ^ "Forts in Chitral: The manifestation of our culture". 4 December 2013.
- ^ Location of Mastuj - Falling Rain Genomics