|Born||December 4, 1928|
|Died||December 18, 2018(aged 90)|
|Alma mater||University of Tokyo|
|Awards||Japan Academy Prize (1986)|
Gruber Prize in Neuroscience
Dr. Ito graduated from the University of Tokyo with an M.D. in 1953 and a Ph.D. in 1959. He was a research fellow at Australian National University from 1959 to 1962. He taught at the University of Tokyo from 1963.
Ito died on 18 December 2018 at the age of 90.
- Dr. Masao Ito. japanprize.jp
- "RIKEN Brain Science Institute". RIKEN. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Author Information: Masao Ito". Pearson Education, FT Press. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Laureates of the Japan Prize: The 1996 (12th) Japan Prize". The Japan Prize Foundation. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- List of Fellows of the Royal Society, 1660 - 2007: A complete listing of all Fellows and Foreign Members since the foundation of the Society, A - J (PDF), The Royal Society, Library and Information Services, July 2007, retrieved 19 December 2012
- "MASAO ITO". Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Washington Office. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Announcement of passing Dr. Masao Ito
- Ito, Masao (2006). "Distinguished Neuroscientists Interviewed: Masao Ito". History of Neuroscience. IBRO (International Brain Research Organization. Retrieved 2012-12-19.[permanent dead link]
- Squirre, Larry R., ed. (1998). the History of Neuroscience in Autobiography (PDF). 2. Elsevier. ISBN 9780080534053.