Mary Parent (born 1968) is an American film producer, and former studio executive. In February 2011, she co-founded Disruption Entertainment, a company with a first-look deal at Paramount Pictures. She was formerly the Chairperson of Metro Goldwyn Mayer's Worldwide Motion Picture Group. She was a former President of Production for Universal Studios. There, she was responsible for Meet the Fockers, The Bourne Supremacy, Serenity, and other films. In 2004, Parent and Scott Stuber were named Vice Chairman of Worldwide Production for Universal Pictures. In 2005, Universal inked a production deal with the duo under the shingle Stuber/Parent Productions. Under Stuber/Parent, she has produced such films as Role Models (2008), Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins (2008), The Kingdom (2007), and You, Me and Dupree (2006). She produced Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim, the Darren Aronofsky epic Noah and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2015). Parent worked at New Line Cinema in the 1990s.
|Born||1968 (age 51–52)|
In 2008, Parent placed 28th on The Wall Street Journal's' "50 Women to Watch 2008" list.
All films, she was producer unless otherwise noted.
|1996||Set It Off||Executive producer|
|1997||Trial and Error||Executive producer|
|2006||You, Me and Dupree|
|2007||The Kingdom||Executive producer|
|2008||Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins||Executive producer|
|2015||The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water|
|2017||Kong: Skull Island|
|Same Kind of Different as Me|
|2018||Pacific Rim: Uprising|
|Godzilla: King of the Monsters|
|2020||Godzilla vs. Kong|
- Production manager
|1997||Dangerous Ground||Executive in charge of production|
- As an actress
|2019||Wonder Pets!||Film Producer|
- Fleming Jr., Mike. "Mary Parent Producing Legendary's Guillermo Del Toro-Produced 'Pacific Rim'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- Reuters March 13, 2008
- Graser, Marc; Kroll, Justin (August 16, 2012). "Paramount ramping up animation slate". Variety. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "Paramount Dates 'Spongebob Squarepants 2,' 'Monster Trucks' for 2015". The Hollywood Reporter. 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- Mary Parent on IMDb
- Mary Parent - Variety, 2001
- Stuber and Parent birth a producing deal, 2005
- Parent Bio at Universal Studios[permanent dead link]
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|