Mary Norris (copy editor)
Mary Norris (born February 7, 1952) is an American author, writer and copy editor for The New Yorker.
February 7, 1952 |
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
|Alma mater||Rutgers University
University of Vermont
|Occupation||Copy editor, writer, author|
Norris joined the editorial staff at The New Yorker in 1978. She has been a query proofreader at the magazine since 1993. She has also been a contributor to "The Talk of the Town" and The New Yorker website.
- Mary Norris (February 23, 2015). "Confessions of a Comma Queen – The New Yorker". The New Yorker.
- The New York Times
- Borrelli, Christopher (April 3, 2015). "New Yorker editor makes her mark with new book". Chicago Tribune.
- "Mary Norris – The New Yorker". The New Yorker. February 23, 2015.
- "Between You & Me". wwnorton.com.
- "Memoir, Perfectly Punctuated In 'Between You & Me'". NPR. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- "Mary Norris: The nit-picking glory of the New Yorker's comma queen". TED. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- "Mary Norris Gives a TED Talk on Her Career as a Copy Editor". Galley Cat. Retrieved June 8, 2016.