Marthandavarma Bridge is a bridge in Aluva, in Kochi city in Kerala, India. The bridge lies on the NH 47 Highway and connects the banks of the Periyar river in Aluva. This bridge was opened on 14 June 1940. Bridge across the Periyar river built in memory of His Highness Marthanda Varma Maharaja of Travancore, Marthanda Varma Ilayaraja submitted to the land. But the bridge was built by Chithirathirunal Balarama Varma. There is an insignia of the Travancore kingdom on the top of this bridge. Historically, the bridge served as a connection route between nearby kingdoms.
A new bridge was built parallel to the old bridge to increase the traffic capabilities to four lanes in 2002, and opened to the public on 23 June. The new bridge was opened to the public on 23 June 2002.
- "The Old bridge in aluva". Tripadvisor.
- "Marthanda Varma Bridge". Old Pictures of Aluva Bridge Construction.
- "Marthanda Varma Bridge, Aluva". Native Planet.
- "TRAVANCORE ANCHEL, Marthanda Varma Bridge Alwaye, brown 1941, ¾ chuckram". www.antiquesinternational.co.uk.
- "Marthandavarma bridge". The Hindu Business Line. 17 June 2002. Retrieved 12 July 2019.