He has presented the Estonian national finals for Eurovision Song Contest and made a live commentary for the event. From 2009 and on he presents the daily talk show Ringvaade together with Anu Välba (along with Grete Lõbu since autumn of 2013).
Reikop is openly gay. In September 2020, Reikop was the subject, along with Ringvaade cohost Grete Lõbu, of an anti-gay slur by Conservative People's Party of Estonia (EKRE) MP and Eesti Rahvusringhääling (ERR) board representative Urmas Reitelmann in a social media post, which caused a backlash by ERR supervisory board member Rein Veidemann and ERR board chair Erik Roose, with Veidemann calling for Reitelmann's removal from the board. Reikop later stated that he considered filing a court action suit against Reitelmann.
- "Marko Reikop: Mulle mood tegelikult meeldib" [Marko Reikop: I actually like fashion] (in Estonian). Postimees. Retrieved 27 Oct 2010.
- Marko Reikop Teenetemärkide kavalerid
- "Sõbralikult koos: avalikult gei Marko Reikop ja tuntud homovastane Erki Nool poseerivad kaelakuti!". Õhtuleht (in Estonian). 12 December 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- Koppel, Nataly (27 March 2014). "Lisette Kampus: "Tulge kapist välja, nii on mõnusam, ägedam ja kergem elada!"". Õhtuleht (in Estonian). Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- "ERR supervisory chair calls for EKRE MP's removal from board". Eesti Rahvusringhääling. 23 September 2020. Retrieved 1 December 2020.