This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mark James Morriss (born 18 October 1971) is an English singer and songwriter, best known as the frontman for The Bluetones. He is the older brother of bandmate and bass player/illustrator Scott Morriss, and is also pursuing a solo career.
|Birth name||Mark James Morriss|
|Born||18 October 1971|
Hounslow, Middlesex, England
|Genres||Indie rock, alternative rock, Britpop|
|Associated acts||The Bluetones|
His debut solo album, Memory Muscle, was released in May 2008. A folk-tinged record, it includes five re-recorded tracks which had previously been released under the name "Fi-Lo Beddow" as an EP in February 2006. The strings on the record were arranged by film composer David Arnold, who became a fan of Expecting to Fly whilst scoring Independence Day.
In 2014, Morriss released his second solo album, A Flash of Darkness, through Acid Jazz Records. This was followed by another Acid Jazz release in 2015, The Taste of Mark Morriss, an album of cover versions. Morriss has also recorded the theme music for all of the children's audiobooks written by David Walliams. Morriss is also currently a full member of Matt Berry's live band, The Maypoles, and regularly tours the UK with this outfit as a rhythm guitarist and backing vocalist.
- 2006 - The Fi-Lo Beddow EP
- 2008 - "I'm Sick"
- 2008 - "Lay Low" (download-only)
- 2014 - "This Is The Lie (And That's The Truth)"
- 2014 - "Space Cadet"
- 2015 - "Lucretia (My Reflection)"
- 2019 - "All The Wrong People"
- 2019 - "The Beans"
- 2008 - Memory Muscle
- 2014 - A Flash of Darkness (originally a Pledge campaign album, but reissued through the Acid Jazz label)
- 2015 - The Taste of Mark Morriss
- 2017 - Look Up (originally a Pledge campaign album, but reissued on vinyl in 2019 through the Reckless Yes label)