Maria Lynn Ehren (Thai: มารีญา ลินน์ เอียเรียน; born 18 January 1992), known professionally as Maria Poonlertlarp (Thai: มารีญา พูลเลิศลาภ, RTGS: Mariya Phunloetlap, pronounced [māː.rīː.jāː pʰūːn.lɤ̂ːt.lâːp]), is a Swedish Thai beauty pageant titleholder, singer and model.
Maria Lynn Ehren
18 January 1992
|Other names||Maria Poonlertlarp|
|Alma mater||Erasmus University Rotterdam|
Stockholm Business School
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in) |
|Title||Miss Universe Thailand 2017|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Universe Thailand 2017|
Miss Universe 2017
Poonlertlarp was born in Bangkok, Thailand. Her parents are Chanoksuang Ehren (born Chanoksuang Poonlertlarp), a former Thai Chinese teacher at the American TESOL Institute and Göran Ehren, a Swedish electrical engineer.
At age two, Poonlertlarp and her family moved to Hanoi, Vietnam and at seven, she returned to Bangkok. At age 14, she began to train as a model with Elle Thailand. After she graduated with a bachelor's degree from Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands, she later attended Stockholm Business School for her master's degree within Stockholm University, receiving her degree in international business commerce. Ehren speaks English, Swedish, Chinese and Thai.
While residing in Sweden, Poonlertlarp was an English teacher and a disc jockey. Poonlertlarp became the head of a marketing committee in the Erasmus Student Network in Rotterdam. In 2014, Poonlertlarp returned to Thailand to work for Broadgate Financial, where she advanced to managerial duties in digital marketing.
In August 2016, Poonlertlarp started her career in modeling and posed on Beauty cover for Vogue Thailand. In 2018, she became the guest star in the 4th episode of Asia's Next Top Model (season 6). In February 2019, she became as a mentor of The Face Thailand (season 5) with Toni Rakkaen, Gina Virahya and Bank Anusith.
Miss Universe Thailand 2017Edit
Poonlertlarp entered the pageant as a favorite for her existing fame as a model, stage presence and English-language skills. During its preliminary segment, Poonlertlarp won the Boutique Lady title sponsored by Bangkok Airways with a grand prize of 100,000 Baht cash prize and a complimentary round-trip first class airline ticket for the upcoming Miss Universe 2017 pageant destination. Ehren was crowned Miss Universe Thailand 2017 on 29 July 2017 at the Royal Paragon Hall in Bangkok by outgoing title-holder Chalita Suansane.
During her national competition, she answered the following:
"Equality of men and women in Thailand isn’t equal yet", Poonlertlarp said when asked what was difficult about being a woman. "But to move forward, both men and women have to hold hands and move forward together, because it’s not just an issue about women. This stage will help me to succeed and build foundations to help Thailand."
In the pageant, Ehren won the Thailand sash and crown, a 2018 Honda Civic Turbo RS automobile, one million baht cash prize, and a full-year contract sponsorship by BSC Cosmetology services.
Miss Universe 2017Edit
At the competition, Poonlertlarp wore a national costume named Mekhala Lor Kaew (Thai: เมขลาล่อแก้ว) aka "Chasing the Light" (Mekhala’s Jewel Bait), which was inspired by Thai literature's national epic, Ramakien, a version of the Ramayana about the legend of Thunder God Parashurama and Goddess of Lightning Manimekhala. The Thai national costume was designed by Prapakas Angsusingha, a local Thai professional artist and designer. He also designed many outfits for Aniporn Chalermburanawong and Chalita Suansane during Miss Universe pageant 2015-2016. Poonlertlarp had to study and practice khon which includes traditional Thai dance and puppetry art of Hun krabok.
Poonlertlarp is an adherent of agnosticism and a practicing Theravada Buddhist, the dominant religion of Thailand. In addition, she is a volunteer who teaches English at Duang Prateep, a non-profit foundation sponsored by the Thai royal family for children in Thailand.
|2019||Wolf - Game la thoe||Ben / Beer||ONE 31||EP 8-13|
Album: Maxi Singles
Style: Pop Dance
- Blur (เบลอ)
- Boong (บุ๋ง)
- Come Along (คัม อะลอง)
- Grin (รอยยิ้ม)
- Wait up (เก็บโต๊ะ)
- "Maria Poonlertlarp". missuniverse.com. IMG Universe. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- Multicultural ‘Maria’ Crowned Miss Universe Thailand, July 30, 2017, http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/2017/07/30/multicultural-maria-crowned-miss-universe-thailand/
- "จากเด็กใหม่เมื่อ 11 ปีที่แล้ว! ทีมโว้กเล่าครั้งแรกที่เจอ 'มารีญา' มิสยูนิเวิร์สไทยแลนด์". vogue.co.th. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- Bangkok Airways welcomes Miss Universe Thailand 2017 and runners-up, August 10, 2017 https://www.pata.org/bangkok-airways-welcomes-miss-universe-thailand-2017-runner-ups/
- Mishra, Vagisha (23 July 2016). "Chalita Chalita is Miss Universe Thailand 2016". tkop.org. The Kaleidoscope of Pageantry.
- EP2: GET TO KNOW MORE ABOUT: MARIA POONLERTLARP, Nov 6, 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBBoZdXJ30
- Miss Universe Thailand 2017 - Top 2 Final Question & Crowning (Part 12), Jul 29, 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ViTVFrGhIk
- “เมขลาล่อแก้ว” ชนะเลิศชุดประจำชาติมิสยูนิเวิร์สไทยฯ “มารีญา” สวมชุด “รามสูร”, September 11, 2017, https://www.matichon.co.th/news/660224
- Miss Thailand Maria Poonlertlarp Ehren's National Costume for Miss Universe 2017, September 11, 2017, http://www.pageanthology101.com/2017/09/miss-thailand-maria-poonlertlarp-ehrens.html
- HOOK'S | ELLE Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2017, Sep 2, 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqP7xsVQ_Jo
- "MISS UNIVERSE THAILAND TO BE MAIDEN-CHASING OGRE IN LAS VEGAS".
- น่าอยู่มาก! เปิดคอนโดหรูตกแต่งสไตล์ไทย ‘มารีญา’มิสยูนิเวิร์สไทยแลนด์, November 25, 2017, https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1130947
- ตีท้ายครัว|มารีญา พูลเลิศลาภ, 12 พ.ย.60, november 12, 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=nrVfNDAXTvE
- Reflections on Adolescent Pregnancy Workshop, Maria Poonlertlarp Miss Universe Thailand 2017, Sep 13, 2017