Maram Susli (Arabic: مرام سوسلي), also known as Mimi al-Laham, PartisanGirl, Syrian Girl and Syrian Sister, is a Syrian Australian YouTuber and commentator who does videos on topics such as the Syrian Civil War, criticisms of the series of US wars in the Middle East region, conspiracy theories, and the Gamergate controversy. Susli says that 9/11 was an inside job and that the New World Order opposes independent countries, including Syria. She is the tweeter known as @partisangirl on Twitter. She is a contributor to websites such as Infowars, Studio 10, RT.com, Activist Post , Sputnik News, the Centre for Counter Hegemonic Studies, Tlaxcala , Journal NEO, Candobetter, Onnewspaper and BSNews.
|Born||1987 (age 31–32)|
War in SyriaEdit
Susli has made a series of video and social media commentaries on the war in Syria, designated an 'international conflict' by the International Red Cross. With Theodore Postol she has rejected the claims that the Syrian Government used chemical weapons of any sort. In a YouTube video, she referred to evidence posted by Postol, suggesting that the 2017 Khan Shaykhun chemical attack, alleged to have killed 74 people, was not the work of the Assad government. She has been called a 'Kardashian Look-Alike Trolling for Assad'. She has rejected a description of her in The Guardian newspaper as a "Russian bot"; the paper subsequently amended its article to replace the term 'Russian bot' with 'account'.
- "The Best English-speaking Friend Assad Could". Haaretz. 19 October 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- Shachtman, Noah; Kennedy, Michael (17 October 2014). "The Kardashian Look-Alike Trolling for Assad". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- Ellis, Emma Fray (31 May 2017). "To Make Your Conspiracy Theory Legit, Just Find an 'Expert'". Wired. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- Schachtman, Noah; Kennedy, Michael (17 October 2014). "The Kardashian Look-Alike Trolling for Assad". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "ICRC statement at second Brussels conference on Syria" (Press release). International Committee of the Red Cross. 25 April 2018.
- Monbiot, George (15 November 2017). "A lesson from Syria: it's crucial not to fuel far-right conspiracy theories". The Guardian.