Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick (born Maral Yazarloo, Persian: مارال یازرلو; 18 November 1981) is an Irani-born motor-biking world record holder, fashion designer, artist, marketing professional, motivational speaker and campaigner of women’s rights.
Early life and educationEdit
Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick was born in Kelarabad, a city located in the North of Iran. She was raised and received her education in Iran. She secured a bachelor's degree in Business Development (BBD) from Kar University in Tehran. In 2004, she relocated to India to pursue her master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) and PhD in Marketing from the University of Pune.
Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick started her corporate career with an India-based realty company 'Panchshil' in 2006 and served as Head of Retail and Marketing for 11 years till March 2017.
Fashion design and artEdit
Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick studied fashion design in Milan and start her fashion label ‘House of Maral Yazarloo’ in 2012. She made her debut as a fashion designer at a show in Paris and also showcased her collections in Rome, London, India and Dubai. Maral has also showcased her ceramic art and canvas paintings at five exhibitions in Iran and India. Her flagship store and design workshop are located in Pune, India.
As of 2018, Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick holds the record for the highest mileage on a super bike for ladies, with over 250,000 km. Her achievements in the biking world have earned her the title of the ‘Queen of Superbikes of India’.
Her first bike was a Harley Davidson 48 and then the Harley Nightrod Special. She is first Lady of Harley to attend most of the rides in India and across the world, and has clocked the highest kilometers in span of 5 years.
She is the first lady owner of Ducati & BMW GS motorcycles in India, was the HOG (Harley Owners Group) Officer (2015) and the Vice President of the Ducati Club (2016). She also started the riding group ‘Ladies of Harley’ and is the Founder of the first-ever Ladies Super Bike Club ‘Lady Riders of India’.
Solo World Biking Tour – 'Ride To Be One'Edit
In March 2017, Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick commenced a solo world biking tour across seven continents (Asia, Australia, North America, South America, Antarctica, Africa and Europe) with no backup or team.
The ride started from India and through 18 consecutive months, Maral covered 64 countries and traversed over 110,000 km. This solo bike ride is set to break stereotypes and create the world record for women bikers in Asia and Middle East.
Maral is currently campaigning for Iranian women to get permission and licences to ride motorbikes. She is also an advocate for awareness about rape and domestic violence on women.
Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick has been a speaker and panelist on industry forums that include the Retail Forum in Las Vegas, LFS (Luxury, Fashion & Style) Conclave in India and ADL Milan. She has also been a motivational speaker at forums that include TEDx SIUKirkee Pune, Virginia Commonwealth University of Qatar and Symbiosis International University.
In September 2017, KIRN radio station in USA aired an interview with Maral about her biking ride across the world. In July 2018, BBC News aired an interview with Maral, covering her world ride and her awareness campaign for Iranian women. Later that year, the BBC News listed her as one of their '100 Inspiring and Influential Women from around the world for 2018'. In 2020, she won The Economic Times 'ET GEN NEXT Icons Award'.
Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick has lived in Pune, India since 2004. An ardent traveller, Maral has also backpacked across 67 countries around the world. She married Alexander William Pattrick in October 2017 at Machu Picchu in Peru, while on her solo world biking ride. During the last 6 months of her ride, she was pregnant. Her daughter, Nafas Elizabeth Pattrick was born in November 2018. Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick currently resides in New Delhi, India.
- A wild ride, Mumbai Mirror, September 2020
- Celebrating Women’s Equality Day with these 5 incredibly talented women, The Page India, August 2020
- Maral Yazarloo: Around The World With A Baby Bump, On An 800cc Motorbike, SheThePeople, July 2020
- Meet Maral Yazarloo, The Woman Who Rode A Superbike Around The World With A Baby Bump, ScoopWhoop, July 2020
- This Mom Travelled The World On A Motorbike While Pregnant, BabyGaga, July 2020
- Give it up for these gen-next leaders!, Times of India, February 2020
- The biker girls come zooming in, oHeraldo, December 2019
- Women bikers scorch a path in the male-dominated space, Economic Times, December 2019
- Iran may allow women to ride motorcycles, thanks to Maral Yazarloo, Times Now, August 2019
- 6 Kickass ADV Women to Watch in 2019, Adventure Rider, July 2019
- Vroom! Make way for 'bikernis', hijab rider, Nyoooz, February 2019
- Big Biking Commune 2019: Women bikers Roshni Misbah, Veena Shetty, Maral Yazarloo tell us how they break the stereotype, Indian Express, February 2019
- Bikes, Technology And World Tours, In Conversation With Female Biker Dr. Maral Yazarloo, News18, December 2018
- Riders You Should Know: Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick Rideapart.com, November 2018
- BBC 100 Women 2018: Who is on the list? BBC News, November 2018
- Özgürlük tutkusu dünya turuna çıkardı Motosiklet, July 2018
- Özgürlük tutkusu dünya turuna çıkardı Deniz Kartalı, July 2018
- Özgürlük duygusu dünya turuna çıkardı Milliyet, July 2018
- 10 BADASS lady bikers of India Cartoq.com, July 2018
- This woman rider travels across the world for her cause The Hindu, May 2018
- This Pune woman biking solo across the globe is proof why travelling alone is the best thing to do Times Now, April 2018
- This Pune woman is biking solo across the 7 continents Conde Nast Traveller, March 2018
- 'Ride to Be One' - Peru Fast Bikes India, February 2018
- Lady Biker Maral Yazarloo on World Tour Dainik Bhaskar, October 2017
- Iranian Woman from Pune Biking Across 45 Nations Eisamay, October 2017
- This Badass Pune-Based Woman Is Touring All 7 Continents On Her Kickass Bike That Scoop, October 2017
- Lady Biker Maral Yazarloo on World Tour Khabar24x7, October 2017
- Latest News on Lady Biker Maral Yazarloo Divya Bhaskar Marathi, October 2017
- Lady Biker Maral Yazarloo on World Tour Divya Bhaskar Marathi, October 2017
- This 35-year-old Iranian woman is biking her way through 45 countries Economic Times, October 2017
- Like a boss: This Pune-based Iranian woman is biking her way through all 7 continents Hindustan Times, October 2017
- This superbiker has a message and she is riding 100,000 km just to drive it home Ocider, September 2017
- Ride to be One Campaign: Super Biker Duo’s Journey to 45 Countries in 7 Continents in 18 Months India.com, September 2017
- 18 Months, 7 Continents, 45 Countries, One Epic Road Trip : Ride to be One Motoroids, September 2017
- “Ride To Be One” Dr. Maral Yazarloo and Pankaj Trivedi take on a motorbiking Journey across the Seven Continents NRInews, March 2017
- Made off Dreams | Maral Yazarloo TEDxSIUKirkee, January 2017
- Meet Maral Yazarloo: The woman who owns four superbikes including a Harley & a Ducati! Economic Times, October 2016
- The last roar of a lioness Mumbai Mirror, April 2016
- Courtyard by Marriott Pune City Centre Hosts Femina Wedding Times Fashion Fiesta 2016 Market Wired, March 2016
- 7 Female Bike Riding Groups Making the Nation Proud India TV, March 2016
- Biking is for anyone who loves the thrill of it: Women on wheels Times of India, December 2015
- Review of Maral Yazarloo House of MEA Deja Vu Collection at Fashion Scout London Fashion For Royals, September 2015
- Women bikers intrude male bastion, come out with flying colours Business Insider, July 2015
- Harley Davidson – Maral Yazarloo Freedom Story Iroon, December 2014
- The Gundi on the Night Rod Man's World India, October 2014
- Fashion Forward day 1: A coat of many talents Gulf News, October 2014
- Fashion Forward Season 4: Meet the new designers Gulf News, October 2014
- Fashion Forward Dubai, The Mecca of Middle East Fashion Splash Magazine, October 2014
- In High Gear The Telegraph, June 2014
- The Freedom Stories -- Maral Yazarloo, Harley-Davidson owner, Seven islands chapter, Mumbai Harley-Davidson India, November 2013
- Maral Yazarloo Verve Magazine, April 2012
- Official Website
- Official Biking Website
- The News Geeks The News Geeks is a platform that is accessible differing kinds of news, articles story, history, diversion news, Bollywood and Hollywood news it means that the entire world of stories squares measures on the news market, here our news and facts belong to the good of characters together with absolute data, if you need to browse any classical, historical or the other sorts news go one in all the news treasure The News geeks website. It has each class news categories like Entertainment, Science & Technology, Featured, Lifestyle, World, Trending, World
- Maral Yazarloo (2016-09-06), video for TEDx Sep-16/India, retrieved 2018-07-14
- "Who is Dr. Maral Yazarloo and why she's a total badass?". Motorsport World. 2018-01-06. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- "A Chat With Maral Yazarloo - FashionForRoyals". fashionforroyals.com. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- Maral Yazarloo (2014-02-27), Maral Yazarloo - SUNRISE - Spring Summer Collection, Paris 2013, retrieved 2018-07-14
- Maral Yazarloo (2014-02-27), Maral Yazarloo -SUNRISE - Paris 2013 - Interview, retrieved 2018-07-14
- Maral Yazarloo (2015-10-01), DejaVu by Dr.Maral Yazarloo - London Fashion week 2015-Fashion Scout-SS16, retrieved 2018-07-14
- The Glass Pineapple (2015-09-19), Maral - House of Middle East & Asia Freemasons' Hall SS16 London Fashion Week 2015, retrieved 2018-07-14
- Maral Yazarloo (2015-06-26), Times Wedding Bridal Collection - Maral Yazarloo , June 2015, retrieved 2018-07-14
- "Maral Yazarloo". Fashion Tv Blog. 2015-07-26. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- Maral Yazarloo (2015-04-30), Maral Yazarloo - FEVER Spring Summer Collection, Dubai-2015, retrieved 2018-07-14
- Maral Yazarloo (2014-09-29), Maral Yazarloo - Store Opening, JW Marriott, Pune-India, retrieved 2018-07-14
- Alam, Tanvir (2016-10-05). "Meet Maral Yazarloo: The woman who owns four superbikes including a Harley & a Ducati!". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- "The Gundi on the Night Rod". Man's World India. 2014-10-01. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- harleydavidsonindia (2013-11-13), The Freedom Stories -- Maral Yazarloo, Harley-Davidson owner, Seven islands chapter, Mumbai, retrieved 2018-07-14
- "In high gear". www.telegraphindia.com. Archived from the original on 2018-07-14. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- "8 All-Women Biker Clubs That Are Blazing a Trail Across India". The Better India. 2016-05-05. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- "This Pune woman is biking solo across the 7 continents". Condé Nast Traveller India. 2018-03-29. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- "9 Indian Female Riders Who Are Breaking All The Stereotypes – Wheelstreet". www.wheelstreet.com. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- Tripathi, Shailaja (2018-05-02). "This woman rider travels across the world for her cause". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- TEDx Talks (2017-01-04), Made of Dreams | Maral Yazarloo | TEDxSIUKirkee, retrieved 2018-07-14
- "Unveiling the cover of Femina presents Pune's Most Powerful 2016-17". femina.in. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- "BBC 100 Women 2018: Who is on the list?". BBC News. 2018-11-19. Retrieved 2018-11-21.
- "Give it up for these gen-next leaders! - The Times Of India - Pune, 2/26/2020". epaper.timesgroup.com. Retrieved 2020-09-02.
- "'Ride to be One' Part 7: Peru - Fastbikes india". fastbikesindia.com. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- "Riders You Should Know: Dr. Maral Yazarloo-Pattrick".