Mansukh L. Mandaviya
Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya (born 1 June 1972) is the Union Minister of State for Shipping (India) (Independent Charge) and Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers (India).
|Minister of State (Independent Charge) for |
Shipping and Chemicals & Fertilizers
|Assumed office |
31 May 2019
|President||Ram Nath Kovind|
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Minister||D. V. Sadananda Gowda|
|Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Chemicals & Fertilizers|
5 July 2016 – 30 May 2019
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha for Gujarat|
|Assumed office |
|Chairman, Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation Limited|
|Member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly |
Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya
1 June 1972
Hanol, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Neeta Mandaviya (m. 1995)|
|Alma mater||M.A. in Political Science from Bhavnagar University|
He is also a Rajya Sabha member from Gujarat and is a believer of utmost simplicity. He is known for his Padyatras where he covers long distances on foot for a noble cause connecting villages and spreading awareness. His contribution to serving the nation can also be seen in his active participation in Pradhan Mantri Bharatiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP). He was recently honoured by the UNICEF and others for his contribution to women's menstrual hygiene. 
He is well known for his intellect and thoughtful leadership, which he often exhibits in his speeches. In 2015, he was selected to represent India at the United Nations where he spoke about '2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development'. To implement simplicity in his professional life, he cycles to the Parliament during sessions.
Mansukh Mandavaiya was born in a small village named Hanol in Palitana Taluka of Bhavnagar district of Gujarat State. Born to a middle-class farmer family, he is the youngest amongst 4 brothers. He finished his primary education in Government Primary School, Hanol after which he completed his high school studies from Songadh Gurukul.
He completed his MA in Political Science from Bhavnagar University. Mandaviya took keen interest in serving the people of his country since his youth. In 1992, at the age of 20, he became a member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and with his organization skills, he soon became State Executive Member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad, Gujarat.
Mansukh Mandaviya is currently the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Shipping and the Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers.  Owing to his intellect, skills and the zeal to work hard he started his political career as a leader of Yuva Morcha followed by the President of Palitana BJP unit. He also holds a record of being the youngest MLA in Gujarat.
- 2002-2007: Member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly for Palitana
- 2011-2012: Chairman, Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation Limited
- 2012-2018: Member of Rajya Sabha
- 2013: Youngest State Secretary of BJP, Gujarat
- 2015: General Secretary of BJP, Gujarat
- 2016-2019: Minister of State for Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Ministry of Shipping and Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers
- 2018: Re-elected as Member of Rajya Sabha
- 2019: Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Shipping and Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers
Mandaviya spearheaded his career in politics in the year 2002 where he fought the Palitana Constituency and became the youngest MLA in Gujarat. Being an MLA, in the year 2004, he organized a 123 Km long Padyatra, titled "Kanya Kelavani Jyot Padyatra" for the social cause 'Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao' where he covered 45 educational backward villages of his constituency. Taking this initiative forward, in 2006 he organized a 127 km Padyatra connecting 52 villages of his constituency with the title "Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao, Vyasan Hatao".
CHAIRMAN, GUJARAT AGRO INDUSTRIES CORPORATION LIMITED
As a chairman, Mandaviya took innovative measures like building an E-Radiation treatment plant at Bavla, which was the First Government Facility. He also built a Poha (Flattened Rice) plant at Navsari, a modern banana pack house at Achaliya (Bharuch) and a Bio-Fertilizer Plant at Gondal.
MEMBER OF RAJYA SABHA
During his first tenure, Mandaviya raised 448 Parliamentary questions out of which assurances were given in 86 by the Government. Along with this, 14 Private Member Bills and 30 special mentions were also made. Throughout his tenure as Member of Parliament, he has been a part of various important Standing and Consultative committees, namely 'Petroleum and Natural Gas', ‘Chemical & Fertilizer Industries', 'Environment, Forest & Climate Change', 'Textiles', 'Select Committee for Real Estate Bill-2015'.
STATE SECRETARY OF BJP
In 2013, he was nominated as the Youngest State Secretary in BJP Organization.
GUJARAT STATE IN-CHARGE - BJP’s MEMBERSHIP DRIVE CAMPAIGN
In 2014, he was also appointed as Gujarat State In-charge of BJP’s High-tech & Mega Membership Drive Campaign which led to 1 crore people joining BJP in Gujarat.
GENERAL SECRETARY OF BJP
With his hard work and intelligence, in 2015, he was appointed as General Secretary of BJP.
On 5 July 2016, Mandaviya was sworn in as a Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Chemical & Fertilizers in Government of India. During his tenure, Mandaviya has travelled for 540 days covering a distance of more than 4.9 lakh km, visiting 14 countries, almost all States and UTs of India. During this period, he conducted 394 meetings and attended 332 programs/seminars/workshops/events. He has been a driving force for implementation of "Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana" which has seen a rapid increase in number of PMBJP Kendras from 347 to more than 5200.
With his decisive and bold leadership, he has helped increasing the per day road construction speed, decreasing the cost of Urea and other fertilizers, establishing more than 5200 Jan Aushadhi stores to provide more than 850 medicines at affordable rates and reducing the cost of 'Heart Stent' and 'Knee Implants'.
Mandaviya has also been a dedicated supporter of the “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”. He has led the Swachh Bharat Campaign in all his Ministries, subordinate offices and public sector undertakings under his administrative control and has also participated in many a cleanliness campaigns during his visit to different parts of the country.
RE-ELECTED AS MEMBER OF RAJYA SABHA
On completion of his first successful term as a Member of Rajya Sabha, Mandaviya was re-elected for Upper House for the tenure 2018-2024.
MINISTER OF STATE (INDEPENDENT CHARGE) FOR SHIPPING MINISTER OF STATE OF CHEMICALS & FERTILIZERS
On 30 May 2019, Mandaviya took oath as the Minister of State (Independent Charge) in Union Council of Ministers. He has been assigned with Shipping (I/C), Chemicals and Fertilizers Ministries.
He has been a part of various delegations, twice with the President and once with Vice President to sign MOUs and develop bilateral relations with other Nations. In the Asian Continent he has visited China, Israel, Oman, Nepal, Dubai and Uzbekistan. He also visited European countries like England & Germany, South American countries like Brazil & Argentina. He has visited many countries of Africa like Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Algeria, Hungary, Equatorial Guinea, Swaziland and Zambia. In an Oceania Region Shri Mandaviya visited New Zealand, Tonga, Fiji and Australia.
- In 2004, he organized a 123 Km long Padyatra, titled "Kanya Kelavani Jyot Padyatra" for the 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' social campaign for 45 educational backward villages of his constituency.
- In 2006, he organized a 127 Km Padyatra connecting 52 villages of his constituency with the title "Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao, Vyasan Hatao".
- As a part of the 150th Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth, Mandaviya undertook a 150km long Padyatra. He started the Padyatra with tree plantation and explained the relation among the Gandhian thoughts and nature. He also flagged off the 22,000 KMs and 3-month long bike journey by three youngsters from Surat.
Mansukh Mandaviya is married to Neetaben Mandaviya and they have two children Pavan and Disha.
As a Union MinisterEdit
He was made Union Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways (India), Union Minister of State for Shipping (India) and Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers (India) of India on 5 July 2016.
- "PM Modi allocates portfolios. Full list of new ministers", Live Mint, 31 May 2019
- "Gujarat Vidhan Sabha". www.gujaratassembly.gov.in. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- IANS (30 May 2019). "Mandaviya: Modi's man of padyatras on Gandhian values (Profile)". Business Standard India. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Economic and Social Council Key to Implementing Newly Adopted 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Speakers tell General Assembly | Meetings Coverage and Press Releases". www.un.org. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Pedaling His Way to Parliament, Rajya Sabha MP Mansukh Mandaviya Takes Oath as Minister". News18. 30 May 2019. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "The bicycle men: 2 ministers cycle to Rashtrapati Bhavan for oath-taking ceremony". Zee News. 31 May 2019. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Mandaviya: A Gujarat Lawmaker Who Has Campaigned For Girls' Education". Ndtv.
- "Cabinet reshuffle: Full list of Narendra Modi's Ministers and Ministers of State". India Today. Ist. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- India, Press Trust of (31 May 2019). "Mansukh Mandaviya takes charge as MoS Shipping". Business Standard India. Retrieved 17 June 2019.