Manoj Joshi is an Indian journalist and author. As of 2013 he is a Distinguished Fellow at the Observer Research Foundation, a New Delhi-based think tank. Before that he was a professional journalist whose previous job was as Comment Editor with the Mail Today newspaper in India.
He finished his schooling from St. Joseph's College in Nainital. After an undergraduate degree at St. Stephen's College, Delhi, Joshi studied history at the University of Lucknow and earned his MPhil and PhD from the School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University. In addition to his journalistic writings, Joshi has written in several academic publications around the world on security, foreign policy and media related issues. He is a well known security analyst and political commentator who is often cited in international publications.
He was earlier Comment Editor with the Mail Today newspaper in India. and prior to that he has worked as the political editor of The Times of India. He has worked with India Today, The Hindu and was the Washington Correspondent of The Financial Express. Through his career, he has reported on the rise and fall of the militancy in Punjab, India's Sri Lanka venture in 1987, the conflict in the Siachen Glacier, India–Pakistan crises of 1987, 1990, 1999, 2002 and 2008–2009, on Sino-Indian relations and the growing ties between India and the United States and covered several general elections. He remained a member of India's National Security Council's Advisory Board, 2004–2006 In July 2011 he was appointed by the Government of India's Cabinet Committee on Security to be a member of a high level National Task Force chaired by former Cabinet Secretary Naresh Chandra. The 14-member task force was asked to examine India's security system and suggest ways of plugging the gaps, if any, and recommend reforms to make the system more efficient.
- Combating Terrorism in Punjab: Indian Democracy in Crisis. Research Institute for the Study of Conflict and Terrorism, 1993
- Lost Rebellion, Kashmir in the Nineties. New Delhi, Penguin, 1999 ISBN 9780140278460
- Kashmir 1947–1965: A Story Retold. New Delhi, India Research Press, 2008 ISBN 9788187943525
- Culbert, Lori (24 November 2001). "Story of a shattered life: A single childhood incident pushed Dawn Crey into a downward spiral". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- Magnier, Mark (30 July 2009). "India's prime minister pushes for stronger ties, dialogue with Pakistan". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "India Today Conclave, Speakers, Session Chairpersons". conclave.intoday.in.
- "Manoj Joshi". Red Ink Literary Agency. Archived from the original on 29 January 2009.
- Singh, Madhur (2 October 2008). "US-India Nuclear Deal Goes Through". Time. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "China PM lauds India agreements". BBC News. 12 April 2005. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "India got more than what N-weapons states get". Rediff.com. 3 August 2007. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "National Security Advisory Board reconstituted". The Hindu. 13 August 2006. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- Dikshit, Sandeep (22 June 2011). "High-level task force to review defence preparedness". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 August 2019.