Mannin Maindhan (transl. Son of the soil) is a 2005 Indian Tamil language action comedy film, directed by Rama Narayanan, starring Sibiraj and Adhu fame Suha. Sathyaraj plays a cameo role. The film, a remake of the Telugu film Yagnam, was released on 4 March 2005.
|Directed by||Rama Narayanan|
|Story by||Eetaram Films Unit|
|Produced by||Rama Narayanan|
|Cinematography||N. K. Viswanathan|
|Edited by||Raj Keerthy|
Bhairavamurthy (Manoj K. Jayan) and Gajapathy (Ponnambalam) are two powerful landlords who fight against each other in their village. Bhairavamurthy's wife and car driver got killed by Gajapathy's henchmen in the past, then Kadhir (Sibiraj), the car driver's son, decided to take revenge on Gajapathy one day and grew up in Bhairavamurthy's house. Amutha (Suha), Bhairavamurthy's daughter, returns to her village after studying in the city college and then falls in love with Kadhir. Bhairavamurthy decides to join hands with Gajapathy and to kill his faithful henchman Kadhir. The couple elopes from the house and runs around the village. Pratap (Sathyaraj), an honest cop, saves them. The henchmen, who worked with the landlords, lay down their arms and support the couple. Bhairavamurthy and Gajapathy decide to both kill Kadhir, but they eventually kill each other.
- Sibiraj as Kathir
- Suha as Amudha
- Manoj K. Jayan as Bhairavamurthy
- Ponnambalam as Gajapathy
- Alex as Handicap
- Vadivelu as 'Quarter' Vadivelu
- Suman Setty as Dheena
- Bala Singh as Joseph
- Indhu as Joseph's wife
- Kumarimuthu as Police Constable
- Thyagu as Police Constable
- Sathyaraj as Pratap (cameo appearance)
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam as Raghavan (guest appearance)
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by Bharadwaj. The soundtrack, released in 2005, features 5 tracks with lyrics written by Karunanidhi, Vaali, Vairamuthu, Na. Muthukumar and Snehan. Indiaglitz.com said : "Bharadwaj's music is very flat with none of the song sounding impressive".
|1||"Andravin Ponnu"||Mano, Reshmi||Snehan||4:04|
|2||"Idhu Ladies Hostel"||Jay Laxmi||Na. Muthukumar||4:41|
|3||"Kannin Manipola"||K. S. Chitra, Master Sathiya||Karunanidhi||3:41|
|5||"Yeamma Yeamma"||Sujatha Mohan, Tippu||Vaali||4:22|
R. Ashok Kumar of The Hindu wrote that "Both Sathyaraj and Sibi have shown that they at home in both pathos and action sequences". Indiaglitz.com stating that the film was "more dusty than being earthy".
- ^ "Tamil Cinema News | Tamil Movie Reviews | Tamil Movie Trailers - IndiaGlitz Tamil". Archived from the original on 19 February 2005.
- ^ "Find Tamil Movie Mannin Maindhan". jointscene.com. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- ^ "Mannin Maindhan". popcorn.oneindia.in. Archived from the original on 27 June 2009. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- ^ a b c "IndiaGlitz — Mannin Maindhan Tamil Movie Review". IndiaGlitz. 4 March 2005. Archived from the original on 9 February 2005. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- ^ "Mannin Mainthan — Bharathwaj". thiraipaadal.com. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- ^ ""Mannin Mainthan"". The Hindu. 11 March 2005.