Manish Tiwary is an Indian film director and screenwriter. He has directed and written films like Issaq and Dil Dosti Etc. After Issaq, Manish is also working on his next gangster drama, Mohabbat Miya.
10 September 1982
|Education||Hindu College, University of Delhi|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Early life and careerEdit
Manish completed his school education in a boarding school in a small town in Bihar. Manish Tiwary studied Zoology at Hindu College in Delhi University. Manish later got postgraduate education at Cambridge University, UK, and Yale University, USA. Manish worked for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in Rome, Nepal and India and has published articles concerning political ecology in the Economic and Political Weekly of India. His monograph titled, Participatory Forest Policies and Politics in India: Joint Forest Management Institutions in Jharkhand and West Bengal was published by Ashgate, UK.
Manish directed two critically acclaimed films, Dil Dosti Etc and Issaq, in a gap of six years.
Awards and recognitionEdit
Tiwary was nominated for the best debut director award in IIFA and Percept's Salaam-E-Comedy awards for Dil Dosti Etc.
- "Shakespeare will be smiling says director Manish Tiwary - Entertainment - DNA". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "My instinct guides me through the casting process: Manish Tiwary". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Manish Tiwary reveals the story behind making of 'Issaq' - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 23 July 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "`Issaq` is a masala entertainer: Manish Tiwary". Zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Directors bringing in their hometown to the silver screen - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 30 July 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Delhi is a melting pot: Manish Tiwary - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 12 December 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- Tiwary, M. "Participatory forest policies and politics in India: joint forest management institutions in Jharkhand and West Bengal". Cabdirect.org. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Participatory Forest Policies And Politics In India: Joint Forest Management Institutions In Jharkhand And West Bengal (King's Soas Studies in Development Geography) (9780754643487): Manish Tiwary, Mahesa Tivari: Books". Amazon.com. 30 November 2004. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "There is nothing in common between Issaq and Ishaqzaade - Manish Tiwary | Latest Movie Features". Bollywood Hungama. 25 July 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Issaq is a masala entertainer: Manish Tiwary". Indian Express. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.