Mane Maratakkide is a 2019 Indian Kannada language comedy horror film written and directed by Manju Swaraj. The film was produced by S. V. Babu under his banner SV Productions. It features Sadhu Kokila, Kuri Pratap, Chikkanna, Ravishankar Gowda and Sruthi Hariharan in the lead role. The music is handled by Abhimann Roy and the cinematography is by B. Suresh Babu. The film was released on 15 November 2019. The film is the official remake of 2017 Telugu film Anando Brahma. This movie released two weeks before Damayanthi, which was reported to be inspired by the same Telugu movie.
|Directed by||Manju Swaraj|
|Written by||Manju Swaraj|
|Based on||Anando Brahma|
by Mahi V. Raghav
|Produced by||S. V. Babu|
|Cinematography||B. Suresh Babu|
|Edited by||N. M. Vishwa|
|Music by||Abhimann Roy|
- Chikkanna as Raghupathi
- Sadhu Kokila as Raghava
- Kuri Prathap as Raja
- Ravishankar Gowda as Ram
- Sruthi Hariharan as Sowmya
- Karunya Ram as Kamini
- Rajesh Nataranga as Shravana
- Sumithra as Bhagya
- Girish Shivanna
- Ashwath Ninasam as Inspector Devu
- Uggram Manju
- Mandeep Roy
- Tabla Nani as Inspector
- Mangaluru Meenanatha
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||S. V. Babu|
The film's background score and the soundtracks were composed by Abhimann Roy. The music rights were acquired by D Beats.
All lyrics are written by Ashok Roy.
|1.||"Raghupathi Raghava Raja Ram"||Ashok Roy||Margaret, Vyasraj, Badariprasad||2:40|
|2.||"First Time Lifeli"||Ashok Roy||V. Harikrishna, Chaitra H. G.||3:48|
The Times of India newspaper gave 2.5 out of 5 stars stating "Mane Maratakkide can be a good watch for those that like their frights light, with some laughs and predictable humour thrown in for good measure."
The New Indian Express newspaper gave 3.5 out of 5 stars stating "Sruthi Hariharan, even though has very less screen space, plays a very different role. Also seen with her is Shivaram, Giri, and Sumitra, who take the story forward. A special appearance by Karunya Ram in a song brings in the glam quotient. Cinematography by Suresh Babu comes handy as most of the scenes are shot indoors. The film has limited songs and Abhimanyu Roy's focus was more on the background score, and he has done a good job. If you are looking for some laughter, this film has an ample of it, in fact, four times more."
- TV, Public (15 November 2019). "ಮನೆ ಮಾರಾಟಕ್ಕಿದೆ: ಕಾಡುವ ದೆವ್ವಕ್ಕೂ ನಗುವಿನ ಕಚಗುಳಿಯಿಡೋ ಚಿತ್ರ! - Public TV News". Public TV News (in American English). Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Mane Maratakide will be a laugh riot, assures director Manju Swaraj". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Sruthi Hariharan signs a horror comedy - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Sruthi Hariharan's horror comedy to release in November - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Damayanthi movie review: Trying to sell the same house twice".
- "Mane Maratikide to bring together leading comedy actors". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "ತಾಯಿಯಾದ ಬಳಿಕ ಸದ್ದಿಲ್ಲದೆ ಬೆಳ್ಳಿಪರದೆಗೆ ರಿ ಎಂಟ್ರಿ ಕೊಟ್ರು ಸ್ಯಾಂಡಲ್ವುಡ್ನ ಈ ಖ್ಯಾತ ನಟಿ!– News18 Kannada". News18 Gujarati (in Kannada). 8 November 2019. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Sruthi Hariharan's next is a horror comedy". www.thenewsminute.com. 19 June 2019. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Sruthi Hariharan roped in for Manju Swaraj's horror comedy". in.com. Retrieved 19 November 2019.[dead link]
- "ರಾಜ್ಯಾದ್ಯಂತ ನ. 15ರಂದು ಮನೆ ಮಾರಾಟಕ್ಕಿದೆ!". Kannadaprabha (in Kannada). Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Sruthi Hariharan's 'Mane Maratakkide' release date announced". www.thenewsminute.com. 22 October 2019. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- Mane Maratakkide Movie Review: The film is for those who like their frights light with some laughs, retrieved 19 November 2019
- "Mane Maratakkide Movie Review: This horror-comedy is one roller-coaster of a laughter ride". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "SIIMA 2020: Check Out Full Winners' List". ibtimes. Retrieved 20 September 2021.