Ravishankar Gowda (born 26 August) is an Indian actor who works in the Kannada film industry. He is known mostly for his comic roles in television and films. He shot to fame as Dr. Vittal Rao, in the sitcom Silli Lalli which aired on ETV Kannada.
|Relatives||Manjula Gururaj (mother-in-law)|
Ravishankar appeared in the very popular Kannada language sitcom Silli Lalli, playing the role of Dr. Vittal Rao, that aired on ETV Kannada. It completed a run of over 1,100 episodes. Following this stint in television, he appeared in a lead role in the 2008 film, Payana. He received critical praise for his performance in the 2012 film Snehitaru. In the film, he plays the role of a deaf character. His other movies are Nanjangud Nanjunda (2010), Akka Pakka (2013), Mangana Kaili Maanikya (2013) and Jai Lalitha (2014).
Ravishankar hails from Mandya. He travelled to Bangalore in 1993 in search of opportunities to become a singer. He married Sangeetha, a singer, and daughter of singer Manjula Gururaj, in an Arya Samaj-style wedding in February 2003.
|2009||Mr Painter||Shanta Kumar|
|2011||Dhan Dhana Dhan||Dr. Kamath|
|2012||Bhagavantha Kai Kotta||Shankar|
|2013||Akka Pakka||Harikrishna / Hakka|
|2013||Mangana Kaili Maanikya||Ranganna|
|2015||Ond Chance Kodi||Nakula|
|2015||Ram-Leela||"Boiling Star" Bablu|
|2016||John Jani Janardhan|
|2016||Sundaranga Jaana||Ali||SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role|
|2017||Sarkari Kelasa Devara Kelasa|
|2021||Rathnan Prapancha||Ahmed Ali|
|Minchu minchina balli|
|2003||Silli Lalli||Dr. Vittal Rao|
- "Ravishankar Gowda celebrates his birthday". The Times of India. 26 August 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Nage Bomb – another comedy in the offering". The Times of India. 4 May 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Ravishanker is 'Maha Buddivantha'". supergoodmovies.com. 26 January 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Chandru to direct". indiaglitz.com. 2 January 2008. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Snehitharu review". The Times of India. 5 October 2012. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Nanjangud Nanjunda review". The Times of India. 12 September 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Mangana Kaili Maanikya review". The Times of India. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Jai Lalitha review". The Times of India. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "A runaway marriage?". Deccan Herald. 22 June 2003. Archived from the original on 21 December 2003. Retrieved 22 November 2021.