Mandarin High School
|Mandarin High School|
4831 Greenland Road
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Excellence Is Not A Skill. It's An Attitude!|
|School district||Duval County Public Schools|
|NCES School ID||120048002744|
|Teaching staff||120.00 (on an FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||21.62|
|Color(s)||Orange and Green|
|Newspaper||The Mandarin Times|
As of 2010, it is the second-largest high school in Duval County following Sandalwood High School. Atlantic Coast High School opened in 2010 to prevent overcrowding at the school as well as Sandalwood, Englewood and Wolfson.
Mandarin High School offers the Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) program along with Advanced Placement courses. It provides a Medical Academy certified by the state of Florida and as of 2012, it offers Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) to incoming freshmen. It also offers the dual enrollment program in partnership with the Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ).
Mandarin High School offers a variety of sports. During the fall, it offers women's bowling, men's 11-man tackle football, men's and women's cross country, men's and women's swimming, men's and women's golf, women's slow pitch softball, and women's volleyball. During the winter season, it offers co-ed wrestling, men's and women's basketball, women's weightlifting, and men's and women's soccer. Spring sports include women's fast pitch softball, men's baseball, men's and women's lacrosse, men's and women's tennis, and women's flag football. The only summer season sport appears to be its marching band program which is open to boys and girls. The season starts in the summer and carries into the fall.
The school has an outdoor pool which is used by the athletic teams and for those in physical education classes during the academic year. It is available for public use as a neighborhood pool, operated by the City of Jacksonville Parks & Recreation Department, during the summer months.
- "Search for Public Schools - Mandarin High School (120048002744)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved November 24, 2019.
- "Welcome". Mandarin High School. Retrieved June 29, 2019.
- Strickland, Sandy (June 25, 2010). "Mandarin High School graduates largest class in its history". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved June 29, 2019.
- Burmeister, Caren (July 30, 2010). "New boundaries, new school changes enrollment". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved June 29, 2019.
- ""Mandarin High School's Excellence Program"". Archived from the original on Oct 21, 2011. Retrieved May 2, 2019.
- "The Center for Medical Studies at Mandarin High School". Mandarin High School. Archived from the original on 21 October 2011. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- "AVID Program at Mandarin High School". Mandarin High School. Archived from the original on 14 April 2013. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Dual Enrollment". Mandarin High School School Counseling Website. Retrieved May 2, 2019.
- ""Mandarin High School's Athletics"". Archived from the original on Aug 28, 2008. Retrieved May 2, 2019.
- "High School Marching Band, High School Concert Band - Mandarin Mustang Band - Mandarin, Jacksonville, Fl". Mandarin Mustang Band. Retrieved May 2, 2019.
- "Mandarin High School's Swimming Pool". Archived from the original on August 13, 2016. Retrieved May 2, 2019.