Samuel W. Wolfson High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Samuel Wolfson School for Advanced Studies (or simply Wolfson) is a magnet high school located in the Duval County Public School district. As an academic magnet and college preparatory school, Wolfson specializes in Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses. In addition to its rigorous academic focus, Samuel Wolfson School for Advanced Studies has a robust athletics program, a diverse program for visual and performing arts, and an active JROTC program. Its name is derived from Samuel W. Wolfson, a local businessman whose family was prominent in Jacksonville, Wolfson houses the Finance, Law, and Business magnet program. A VyStar Credit Union branch is located inside the school, and is available for students and faculty to use. Wolfson is a member of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. The school's main rival is the Englewood Rams.
|Samuel Wolfson School for Advanced International Studies and Leadership|
7000 Powers Avenue
Jacksonville, Florida, USA 32217
|Motto||"Committed to Excellence"|
|School district||Duval County Public Schools|
|Principal||Christopher Begley January 16,2017(present)|
|Teaching staff||46.00 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.11|
|Campus size||35.42 acres (14.33 ha)|
|Color(s)||Scarlet Red, White & Blue|
|Feeder schools||Mandarin Middle School, Alfred I. duPont Middle School|
|Website||Wolfson High School|
Student body (2017-18)Edit
The school is notable for its diverse student body. Students represent many foreign countries including Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, and Lebanon, among others. In addition, Wolfson's magnet program allows students from all over the district to attend.
We praise thee alma mater A light throughout our days. Inspiring us to greater goals Thy standards high we raise! Thy royal blue and scarlet Unfurled in noblest pride. We honor thee, dear Wolfson Our mentor, friend, and guide!
Created and introduced by The Key Club Fall of 1967
- John Brecher (class of 1969), journalist, former wine columnist for The Wall Street Journal
- Billy Butler, MLB first baseman
- Mike Clevinger, MLB pitcher for the Cleveland Indians
- Amer Delic, professional tennis player
- Val Demings, former chief of police of the Orlando Police Department
- Ashley Greene, actress most recognized as Alice Cullen in Twilight
- Udonis Haslem, basketball player for the Miami Heat
- Eric Hurley, professional baseball player (Minnesota Twins)
- David Meeks, Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from Conway, Arkansasve Haynes
R.P Harjani - International Businessman
- "SAMUEL W. WOLFSON HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 24, 2019.
- NCLB School Public Accountability Report: 2009-2010 Archived 2013-04-14 at Archive.today