This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1983 (age 36–37)|
Hansson, competing as "Miss Uppland", was suggested as a potential candidate for the Miss Universe pageant by a celebrity panel, and the viewers selected her as the winner via a telephone poll. She served as Sweden's representative in the Miss Universe 2002 pageant but she did not place in the top 10.
Hansson, while the first woman of African ancestry to win the crown, was not the first woman of African ancestry to compete for the title of Miss Sweden. Other black Miss Sweden-contestants during the years have included such as Jessica Folcker (2nd R-UP 1993), Ida Sofia Manneh (1st R-UP 2001) and her own sister Nanna Hansson in 2001.
Since her time as Miss Sweden ended, Hansson has appeared in several Swedish films in small roles. These include Stockholm Boogie (2005), Blodsbröder (2005), and Sökarna: Återkomsten (2006). In 2007 Hansson performed her first leading movie role as "Nathalie" in the Swedish movie Gangster, alongside actors Kjell Bergqvist and Mikael Persbrandt.
- Fröken Sverige genom tiderna Archived 21 August 2010 at the Wayback Machine, accessed 2010-05-19 (in Swedish)
- "Boston Scenes". The Boston Bay State Banner. 25 December 2008. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- "Grattis Malou Hansson". Aftonbladet.se. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 March 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Ghana Rising: Beauty: Malou Hansson". Ghanarising.blogspot.com. 26 December 2009. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
|This biography article about a European contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|