Makkari Village hall
|Prefecture||Hokkaido (Shiribeshi Subprefecture)|
|• Mayor||Kazumi Sasaki|
|• Total||114.43 km2 (44.18 sq mi)|
(September 30, 2016)
|• Density||18/km2 (47/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
|City hall address||118 Makkari, Makkari, Abuta-gun, Hokkaido|
As of September 2016, the village has an estimated population of 2,081. The total area is 114.43 km².
- 1897: Makkari Village split off from Abuta Village (now Toyako Town).
- 1901: Kaributo Village (now Niseko Town) was split off from Makkari Village.
- 1906: Makkari Village became a Second Class Village.
- 1910: Makkari Village was transferred from Muroran Subprefecture (now Iburi Subprefecture) to Shiribeshi Subprefecture.
- 1917: Kimobetsu Village (now town) was split off from Makkari Village.
- 1922: Makkaribetsu Village (now Makkari Village) was split off from Makkari Village.
- 1925: Makkari Village changed its name to Rusutsu Village.
- 1941: Makkaribetsu Village changed its name to Makkari Village.
- High school
- Hokkaido Makkari High School
- Junior high school
- Makkari Junior High School
- Elementary school
- Makkari Elementary School
- Ohonai Elementary School