PT Mahaka Media Tbk, formerly known as Abdi Bangsa, is a multiplatform media company that creates, sells, aggregates and delivers community content through whatever platform consumers demand. In line with the growth of its businesses, it has now become a holding company with business units including newspaper, magazine, book publisher, television, radio, outdoor media, and digital. Each of the business units has succeeded in establishing superiority of each character of the product, Republika Daily as the biggest Moslem newspaper in Indonesia, Golf Digest Indonesia as the number one golf magazine in Indonesia, Jak TV as a local TV station in Jakarta, and Gen FM with the most listeners in Jakarta.
|Abdi Bangsa (1992–2010)|
|Traded as||IDX: ABBA|
|Founded||28 November 1992|
|DR. Abdulgani (Chairman)|
Adrian Syarkawi (Vice Chairman)
|Products||Broadcasting, publishing, Out of Home & Digital Media|
|Revenue||Rp 789 billion (2014)|
|Rp 1090 billion (2014)|
|Rp 44 billion (2014)|
|Total assets||Rp 1444 billion (2014)|
|Total equity||Rp 1136 billion (2014)|
|Owner||PT. Beyond Media (60.28%)|
Pemodal Nasional (20.99%)
Number of employees
Mahaka Media was organized with the name PT Abdi Bangsa, on 28 November 1992 with Deed No. 229, it was amended by the Deed No. 157 of 17 December 1992, both drawn up before Ny. S.P. Henny Shidki, S.H., Notary of Jakarta and has been approved by Minister of Justice of the Republic of Indonesia with his Letter of Decision No.C2-10310.HT.01.01.TH.92 of 19 December 1992 and published in the State Gazette of the Republic of Indonesia No. 9/1993 of 29 January 1993, supplement No. 564/1993. On 4 January 1993, the company incorporated Republika Daily, the first newspaper for the Moslem community in Indonesia.
In 2002, Mahaka Media initially registered its shares as PT Abdi Bangsa Tbk on 3 April 2002 in the Jakarta Stock Exchange (BEJ) and was the first newspaper publishing company to become a public company.
- 1993 - Republika Daily was established.
- 1994 - Mahaka Advertising (PT Avabanindo Perkasa) was established.
- 2000 - Golf Digest Indonesia (PT Media Golfindo) was established.
- 2002 - PT Abdi Bangsa Tbk listed their shares in the stock exchange (the first newspaper publishing company to become a public company).
- 2003 - Republika Publisher was established (PT Pustaka Abdi Bangsa).
- 2007 - Participation in PT Radionet Cipta Karya (Prambors, Delta FM, FeMale Radio).
- 2009 - Republika Daily received Gold Asia Media Award 2009 as “The Best Newspaper Front Page Design” in WAN IFRA Asia Media Award.
- 2007 - Gen FM was established.
- 2010 - PT Abdi Bangsa Tbk changed to PT Mahaka Media Tbk. Acquisition Jak TV (PT Danapati Abinaya Investama), Harian Indonesia (PT Emas Indonesia Duaribu).
- 2011 - Gen FM gained 4.148.000 listeners & maintained its position as the top radio station in Jakarta.
- 2012 - Jak TV won the Mass Media Industry of Local Television Station in the Tourism Masterpiece Award 2012.
- 2013 - Jak FM was the only radio station for young adults to receive the Indonesia Netizen Brand Champion 2013 award, namely Most Favorite Brand Radio Marketeers Magazine and Markplus.
- 2014 - Acquisition Alive! Indonesia (PT Kalyanamitra Adhara Mahadrhika). Mahaka Media moved its headquarters from Plaza Asia/Abda to Sahid Office Boutique Blok G, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 86, Jakarta 10220.
Out of HomeEdit
New Media & Business DevelopmentEdit
Board of DirectorsEdit
- President Director: Adrian Syarkawi
- Director of Finance: Harry Danui
- Director of Product and Creative Development: Ahmad Aditya
- Director of Sales and Marketing: Henny M. Chandra
- Director of Corporate Affair and Corporate Secretary: Agoosh Yoosran
Board of CommissionersEdit
- Sejarah Perusahaan Mahaka Media - "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-05-28. Retrieved 2013-06-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)