Life and careerEdit
Faure-Vidot was born in Victoria. She is a member of the Institut Académique de Paris and the Académie Internationale de Lutèce. She has won numerous prizes over the course of her career, including the Coupe de la Ville de Paris, a Lyre d'honneur, and six silver and numerous bronze medals in various international literary competitions, and she has represented her home country at many international poetry festivals and other initiatives. Her work has been discussed in critical studies of Seychellois literature. She has also achieved some fame as an oral performer.
After living for some time in the United States, Lebanon, England, Italy, and France, Faure-Vidot returned to the Seychelles. There she cofounded, and continues to codirect, both the online literary review Vents Alizés and the online publishing house Edisyon Losean Endyen, both of which she runs in conjunction with Hungarian poet Károly Sándor Pallai. Her work is regularly published in Seychelles Nation and The People, and she is the editor of Sipay, the only Seychellois literary magazine. She is also heavily engaged in the cultural life of her country, including showing her work at exhibitions of art by local women. Her poems were published in the international poetry anthology Amaravati Poetic Prism in India. In 2017, she received the prestigious Seychelles Arts Award in literature for her outstanding literary work and achievements.She writes for Spirit of Nature where she features amongst the 60 poets to be published in 2019.Opa Anthology of Poetry 2019.
She is a member of the World Nations Writers Union (WNWU) Kazakhstan. Her work was featured in the "Family Eternal Treasure" international anthology (2018).
- Diploma -World Poetic Star - Excellence in the field of World Literature from World Nations Writers' Union - WNWU Khzakhstan
- Member of the Validation Reading Committee for CONGO ECRIT review on 03/08/2019
- Appointed Ambassador At Large for WORLD INSTITUTE OF PEACE of Nigeria, in the Seychelles on 21/07/2019
- Appointed Chief Consultant to Writers/Artists Association LAR SAN FRONTYER in the SEYCHELLES on 01/07/2019
- Facilitator for the World Poetry Day Workshop, National Arts Council - Certificate of Participation - 22/03/2019
- GLOBAL AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - living LEGEND OF THE 21ST CENTURY - IGGA - IHACAL GLOBAL GENIUS AWARD
- World Laureate in Literature 2018 - WNWU (World Nations Writers' Union) Kazakhstan
- Certificate in International Award - World Icon of Peace - WIP - Feb 2019
- Global Literature Guardian Award - 31/12/2018
- Hon. Author's Certificate, MS - 10/09/2018
- Program Council Member - Ambassador De Literature - | MS, Sept 2018
- Dean of Motivational Strips Academy of Literary Excellence and Wisdom | MSALEW, Poetry Research MS - 10/09/2018
- Chief Admin for SE African countries for Motivational Strips | MS - (08/2018)
- Member of the World Nations Writers' Union - Kazakhstan - (08/06/2018)
- Appointed member of DO KRE I.S Revue haitienne de cultures creoles - Comite de Redaction
- Appointed Ambassador of Humanity by his Royal Highness Uman Baba Musah and Prince Waheed Musah of Ghana
- Launched 6th Poetry Anthology on 22/03/2019, The Enchanting Rebirth/Renaissance Magique
- L'Oasis des mots, Victoria, Edisyon Losean Endyen, 2016.
- Rêves créoles, Victoria, Edisyon Losean Endyen, 2012.
- Flamme mystique, Victoria, Yaw Enterprises, 2011.
- L'âme errante, Victoria, Printec Press Holdings, 2003.
- Un grand cœur triste, Paris, La Pensée Universelle, 1983.
- "Poètes d'OUTRE-MER – Les Seychelles – lieu commun". 4 January 2009. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "L'OASIS DES MOTS de Magie Faure-Vidot : – Ministry of Tourism and Culture". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- [dead link]
- ANANDA. "Un peu de poésie des SEYCHELLES : Magie FAURE-VIDOT. – Le blog de Patrimages". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- ANANDA. "Maggie FAURE-VIDOT (Seychelles). – Le blog de Patrimages". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Département, Le. "Soutien aux agriculteurs et initiation à la création et la lecture poétique – Lien Social (saison 3)". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Journée Internationale de la Poésie à Salazie". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Dame of the Day: Magie Faure-Vidot- Lady Collective". 26 October 2015. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Pascale Canova (1 January 2007). La littérature seychelloise: Production, promotion, réception. Editions L'Harmattan. pp. 1–. ISBN 978-2-296-15962-4.
- Palli, Francesca. "Potomitan – " Konzigenzon filozofik size poetik " :". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Genres et généricité dans la poésie seychelloise contemporaine « MondesFrancophones.com". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Stephen Gray; Carole Beckett (2008). Invitation to a voyage: French-language poetry of the Indian Ocean African islands. Protea Book House. ISBN 978-1-86919-169-6.
- "Vents Alizés – Komansman". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Nation Home". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2016-04-15. Retrieved 2017-08-31.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Sipay". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Seychelles-eNews – Sipay appoints new editorial committee". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Female artists showcase work in colourful exhibition". Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Seychelles' Top Artists Honoured". Seychelles Nation. XXXIX (231): 4. 2017-11-27.
- "Magie Faure official member of World Nations Writers Union Kazakhstan". Seychelles Nation. Retrieved 15 July 2018.