Mafalda Margarethe Prinzessin und Landgräfin von Hessen (born 6 July 1965), known also as Princess Mafalda of Hesse, is a German aristocrat and fashion designer. She is the eldest child of Moritz, Landgrave of Hesse and Princess Tatiana of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.
|Mafalda von Hessen|
|Born||6 July 1965|
Kiel, West Germany
Count Enrico Marone Cinzano
(m. 1989; div. 1990)
(m. 1991; div. 1999)
(m. 2000; div. 2014)
Count Cosmo Brachetti Peretti
Count Briano Brachetti Peretti
|Father||Moritz, Landgrave of Hesse|
|Mother||Princess Tatiana of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg|
Mafalda von Hessen studied at New York University and has a master's degree in design. After graduating, she worked for the Roman costume house Tirelli and the designer Patrick Kinmonth. She has also served as a style ambassador for Giorgio Armani. In autumn 2015, she released her latest collection.
Marriages and childrenEdit
Second, she married Carlo Galdo on 19 December 1991. They have two children together: Tatiana Galdo (born 20 January 1992) and Polissena Galdo (born 30 September 1993). The couple divorced in 1999.
Third, Mafalda married Count Ferdinando Brachetti Peretti on 14 July 2000. They have two children together: Count Cosmo Brachetti Peretti (born 11 January 2000) and Count Briano Brachetti Peretti (born 16 April 2002). They were divorced in 2014.
- Reginato, James (August 2014). "How Elsa Peretti Survived Studio 54–era New York". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Extremely Cultivated. Princess Mafalda von Hessen sows the seeds of ready-to-wear". W Magazine. 25 September 2015. Archived from the original on 16 March 2016. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "The 2007 International Best-Dressed List Photos. Princess Mafalda of Hesse". Vanity Fair.
- "Mafalda Margarethe Prinzessin von Hessen-Kassel". The Peerage.
- Darryl Roger Lundy, The Peerage, Wikidata Q21401824