Yuan Shanshan (Chinese: 袁姗姗, born 22 February 1987) also known as Mabel Yuan is a Chinese actress and singer. She is noted for her roles as in the Gong series: Palace II (2012) and Palace III (2013); as well as Swordsman (2013) and Jian Bing Man (2015).
|Other names||Mabel Yuan|
|Alma mater||Beijing Film Academy|
Early life and educationEdit
Yuan Shanshan was born in a wealthy and highly educated family, to civil servants parents, in Xiangcheng District of Xiangyang city, Hubei province on February 22, 1987. At the age of 6, she started to play the violin.
Yuan made her acting debut in A House's Maid in 2010, and was praised by co-star Zhao Wenxuan for her performance.
Yuan Shanshan first came to the attention of the audience when she played a supporting role in the historical television series Qin Xianglian. Under her co-star Leanne Liu's recommendation, she then signed with Yu Zheng's Studio. After guest-starring in Palace, Yuan then got the role of Empress Xiaoshengxian in second installment of Yu Zheng's 'Gong' series; which propelled Yuan to fame and earned her a Breakthrough Improvement award.
Thereafter Yuan starred in several productions by Yu Zheng such as Beauty Without Tears (2012), the third installment of Yu Zheng's 'Beauty' series; Beauty of the Emperor (2012); Swordsman (2013), adapted from Jin Yong's wuxia novel The Smiling, Proud Wanderer; and Palace 3: The Lost Daughter (2014), the sequel of Palace II - all of the series were popular during their run and led to increased recognition for Yuan. She is also known for her role in the period romantic drama Love in Spring (2013). However despite her rising popularity, Yuan faced several backlash by haters on Weibo in regards to her miscast as the role of Ren Yingying in Swordsman.
In 2015, Yuan starred in the superhero parody film Jian Bing Man, which was a box office success and broke ten million admissions. Yuan won the Most Powerful New Actress award at the Weibo Movie Awards Night. She next starred in the South Korean-Chinese romantic comedy film So I Married An Anti-fan and recorded a duet with her co-star Park Chan-yeol from boy band Exo. For the film, Yuan won the Most Popular Actress award at the Chinese American Film Festival.
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|The Secret of Quail-Roost||女生宿舍的秘密||Bo Mei|
|The Secret of Quail-Roost 2||女生宿舍的秘密2||Bo Mei|||
|2010||Lover Eternal||巫山梦||Ji Anran|||
|2014||One Day||有一天||Su Xiaomei|||
|2015||Jian Bing Man||煎饼侠||Du Xiaoxiao|
|2016||So I Married An Anti-fan||所以，我和黑粉结婚了||Fang Miao Miao / Lee Geun-yeong|
|2017||Revenge for Love||疯岳撬佳人||Tian Meng|||
|City of Rock||缝纫机乐队||Cameo|
|Youthful China in the Headlines||头条里的青春中国||Short film|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|2009||My Fool Wife||我的傻瓜老婆||Lin Xiaoxiao|
|2010||A House's Maid||大屋下的丫鬟||Ju|
|No.1 Xiaoxiang Road||潇湘路一号||Jin Di|
|The Vigilantes in Masks||怪侠一枝梅||Bing Bing|||
|2011||The Wild Duck||野鸭子||Fang Tingting|||
|Qin Xianglian||秦香莲||Qin Xianglian|
|Hidden Intentions||被遗弃的秘密||Cui Shanshan|
|2012||Palace II||宫锁珠帘||Empress Xiaoshengxian|
|Allure Snow||倾城雪||Xu Jin|||
|Beauties of the Emperor||王的女人||Yu Miaoge|||
|In Love with Power||山河恋·美人无泪||Empress Dowager Xiaozhuang|
|Happiness Radiates||幸福绽放||Xia Fei|||
|The Biography of Princess Shisan||十三格格新传||Princess Shisan|||
|Love in Spring||爱在春天||Yao Xiaodie|
|Crazy for Palace||我为宫狂||Concubine Xi|||
|Hunt Wolf||猎天狼||Sun Xiaoyu|||
|2014||Home with a Pregnant Woman||家有喜妇||Ni Hao|||
|Palace 3: The Lost Daughter||宫锁连城||Song Liancheng|
|Cosmetology High||美人制造||Princess Yongning|||
|2015||City of Angels||天使的城||Guan Shasha|||
|Murong Jin||芙蓉锦||He Lan|||
|Tour Between Two Lovers||向幸福出发||Ye Lin|||
|The Nanny Man||我爱男保姆||Lu Qing|||
|2016||Love is So Beautiful||恋爱真美||Xu Xinlin|||
|2017||Above the Clouds||云巅之上||Jian Xi|||
|The Times We Had||国民大生活||Lulu|||
|2019||National Treasure's Extraordinary Journey||国宝奇旅||Zhou Ruosi|||
|The Legendary Tavern||老酒馆||Cameo|
|TBA||Pursuit of True Love||米露露求爱记||Mi Lulu|||
|Great Age||大时代||Yao Gun|||
|Bei Jing Yi Nan||北京以南|||
|New Face||焕脸||Wang Xiaoai|||
|A Land So Rich in Beauty||江山如此多娇||Sha Ou|||
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Album||Notes|
|2012||"No Tears"||无泪||Beauty Without Tears OST||with Han Dong|
|"Song of Love Sickness"||相思曲||Palace II OST|
|"Love's Delivery"||爱的传颂||Love of Spring OST|
|"I Have a Date With Spring"||我和春天有个约会|
|"Won't Complain"||不怨||Palace 3: The Lost Daughter OST|
|"End of Love"||绝恋||Furong Jin OST|
|"New Student"||新生||N/A||theme song of Grade One Freshman|
|2016||"I Hate You"||So I Married An Anti-fan OST||with Park Chan-yeol|
|"Having You is Enough"||有你就足够|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2016||So I Married An Anti-fan||Chinese American Film Festival||Most Popular Actress||Won|||
|2017||"I Hate You"||5th YinYueTai VChart Awards||Best Collaboration (with Park Chanyeol)||Won|||
|2019||6th The Actors of China Award Ceremony||Best Actress (Emerald Category)||National Treasure's Extraordinary Journey||Nominated|||
- 袁姗姗6岁开始学小提琴 父母都是公务员. Sina (in Chinese). March 27, 2013.
- 袁姗姗《大屋下的丫鬟》扎实演技受赵文瑄夸赞. Sina (in Chinese). August 31, 2009.
- "新老秦香莲"搭戏 刘雪华大赞袁姗姗有天分. Sohu (in Chinese). May 28, 2010.
- 袁姗姗亮相乐视盛典 获"年度突破进步艺人奖". NetEase (in Chinese). April 1, 2012.
- 《美人无泪》收视稳居第一 于正回应质疑. Tencent (in Chinese). December 25, 2012.
- 《王的女人》将收官 袁姗姗明道成就佳话. Sina (in Chinese). October 25, 2013.
- 袁姗姗：这是新《笑傲江湖》中最遵循原著的角色. iFeng (in Chinese). February 20, 2013.
- "Yu Zheng's "Palace 3" Sets Ratings Record for This Year". JayneStars. April 11, 2014.
- 《宫2》《王的女人》《美人无泪》袁姗姗2012荧屏爱情. Sina (in Chinese). January 9, 2013.
- 袁姗姗角色盘点：从乖乖女到蛇蝎美人. Sina (in Chinese). October 22, 2013.
- 《爱在春天》进入终极高潮 持续卫冕收视冠军. Tencent (in Chinese). June 25, 2013.
- 新《笑傲江湖》遭疯狂吐槽 十万人骂袁姗姗. China Radio International (in Chinese). March 7, 2013.
- 《煎饼侠》曝光终极海报 袁姗姗柳岩虐哭大鹏 7月17日正式公映. Mtime (in Chinese). June 29, 2015.
- 《煎饼侠》票房破十亿 袁姗姗走心演绎"烂演员". Sohu (in Chinese). August 3, 2015.
- 袁姗姗潇洒干练亮相红毯 获颁最强电影新力量奖. iFeng (in Chinese). January 8, 2016.
- 《所以，我和黑粉结婚了》首曝剧照 朴灿烈袁姗姗 欢喜冤家"不打不相识". Mtime (in Chinese). November 27, 2015.
- 《黑粉》主题曲MV曝光 朴灿烈中文对唱袁姗姗. Sohu (in Chinese). June 17, 2016.
- 著名演员袁姗姗获第十二届中美电影节金天使奖最佳人气演员. channelge.com (in Chinese). November 28, 2016.
- 《女生宿舍II》开机 中博传媒斥资百万重拳出击. Sina (in Chinese). May 15, 2008.
- 《巫山梦》开机 袁姗姗不惧艰辛赴剧组(图). Sina (in Chinese). April 16, 2010.
- 电影《有一天》为盲人放电影 谢娜徐帆袁姗姗等9位明星地球日献声. Mtime (in Chinese). April 22, 2015.
- 岳云鹏袁姗姗出演"反差萌"CP. Mtime (in Chinese). February 7, 2017.
- 《缝纫机乐队》周冬雨惊喜表演被赞新突破. Sina (in Chinese). September 29, 2017.
- 《龙虾刑警》袁姗姗化身"辣手警花". Mtime (in Chinese). November 3, 2017.
- 任达华深情讲述与导盲犬小Q的羁绊. Mtime (in Chinese). July 8, 2019.
- 《头条里的青春中国》微电影上线. Youth.cn (in Chinese). September 27, 2019.
- 《怪侠一枝梅》热播 袁姗姗造型美艳(图). Sina (in Chinese). January 14, 2011.
- 《野鸭子》央视热播 袁姗姗人气暴涨(图). Sina (in Chinese). January 19, 2011.
- 袁姗姗加盟《倾城雪》 客串杜淳母亲直言尴尬. Sina (in Chinese). May 11, 2011.
- 《王的女人》袁姗姗首演反派心计女(图). Sina (in Chinese). October 15, 2013.
- 《幸福绽放》袁姗姗大玩穿越秀婚纱. Sina (in Chinese). November 8, 2012.
- 《十三格格新传》开机 袁姗姗再挑女一大梁. Sohu (in Chinese). November 16, 2010.
- 《我为宫狂》网络首播 杨蓉袁姗姗经典角色调换. Tencent (in Chinese). August 2, 2013.
- 何晟铭袁姗姗《猎天狼》抽丝剥茧寻间谍. Sina (in Chinese). August 31, 2013.
- 《家有喜妇》袁姗姗贾乃亮身陷三角恋. Sina (in Chinese). January 23, 2014.
- 《美人制造》袁姗姗破鼓出场 造型娇嫩惊艳全场. Sohu (in Chinese). September 12, 2014.
- 袁姗姗《天使的城》：不是每个女演员都是"潜"出来的. ifeng (in Chinese). March 30, 2015.
- 袁姗姗《芙蓉锦》搭档何润东获赞没心机. Sina (in Chinese). December 12, 2013.
- 《向幸福出发》受好评 袁姗姗乔任梁演绎都市恋. Sina (in Chinese). December 19, 2016.
- 袁姗姗《男保姆》与雷佳音二次邂逅. Sina (in Chinese). November 18, 2014.
- 《恋爱真美》袁姗姗饰演上天入地小娱记. Sina (in Chinese). November 24, 2016.
- 《云巅之上》陈晓袁姗姗本色出演 揭露行业潜规则. Sina (in Chinese). February 17, 2017.
- 《国民大生活》将播 郑恺袁姗姗首次搭档火花四射. Sina (in Chinese). September 15, 2017.
- 《国宝奇旅》开机 袁姗姗携刘烨再现文物迁徙之谜. Sina (in Chinese). December 19, 2017.
- 袁姗姗《米露露求爱记》白衣诱惑 新作品引关注. Netease (in Chinese). August 24, 2017.
- 《大时代》杀青 冯绍峰袁姗姗致敬科技行业. Sina (in Chinese). August 8, 2019.
- 王雷袁姗姗领衔主演 年代史诗大剧《北京以南》开机. Sohu (in Chinese). September 14, 2019.
- 周一围袁姗姗领衔主演 悬疑剧情片《焕脸》开机. Eastday (in Chinese). November 7, 2019.
- "《江山如此多娇》罗晋袁姗姗挥洒青春热血建设家乡". Netease (in Chinese). July 1, 2020.
- 第五届音悦V榜盛典众星齐聚张韶涵EXO、AKB48再引热潮. China Daily (in Chinese). April 12, 2017.
- "好演员"候选名单：肖战李现赵丽颖杨紫等入围. Sina (in Chinese). October 16, 2019.