Village and harbour
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
From 2005 to 2008, a ferry route operated between Mõntu harbour and the Latvian port of Ventspils. There are plans to re-launch the route with financial support from Saaremaa Municipality and the Freeport of Ventspils. Preparations for the launch began in 2017, but as of 2020 no potential operator with a suitable vessel had shown interest in operating the service.
- Eesti Entsüklopeedia. Mõntu. (in Estonian). Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- Arileht.ee. Parvlaev Scania tegi oma viimase reisi Väinameres. (in Estonian). Retrieved 31 January 2021.
- ERR News. Saaremaa seeking operator for Mõntu-Ventspils ferry route. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- ERR News. Operators not interested in Saaremaa-Latvia ferry service. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- ERR News. Saaremaa hopes to launch Mõntu-Ventspils shipping line in 2021. Retrieved 16 August 2020