|Occupation||Meteorologist, weather presenter, TV presenter|
|Known for||ITV Weather|
Good Morning Britain
Early life and educationEdit
Verasamy was born in King's Lynn, Norfolk and attended Silfield Primary School in Wymondham, Framlingham College Junior School in Suffolk and King Edward VII School in King's Lynn where she studied A-Level Geography. She graduated with a BSc (Hons) degree in Geography from Brunel University in 2001.
Having previously completed a work experience placement at the Sky Weather Centre before becoming a weather forecaster, Verasamy joined Sky and became the regular weather presenter on the Sky News breakfast show Sunrise. In 2007, the Sky News website started a feature entitled Climate Clinic – Ask Lucy as part of their Green Britain campaign, where Verasamy answered questions put forward by members of the public regarding climate change. She also contributed to Sky News The Weather Girls blog.
On 6 September 2010, she joined the newly launched ITV Breakfast programme Daybreak, as a weather forecaster and environment correspondent, alongside Kirsty McCabe. On 7 February 2012, McCabe left the programme, leaving Verasamy the sole weather forecaster. On 2 August 2012, she too left the programme.
In addition, as of 2017, Verasamy is part of the ITV Racing team as a weather expert. She also joined Good Morning Britain as a relief weather presenter from August. In 2019 she fronted the M & S Fresh Food Market promotions.
- Extreme Phone Calls Pilot Geography Blog: Weather, Geography Department, King Edward School, 12 May 2006
- The Weathergirl cull: The forecast's gloomy as Sky plans shake-up - and the Tracy Sunshines are under threat Mail Online, 22 May 2010
- 13 dead as gales whip Europe Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine Cambodian Online
- Water warning as heat spreads BBC News, 6 August 2003
- Daybreak Press Pack ITV.com, 31 August 2010
- "Presenters - Lucy Verasamy". Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- Climate Clinic - Ask Lucy Sky News, 12 January 2007
- The Weather Girls - Caught out in Cornwall Sky News, 19 July 2010
- Methven, Nicola (15 May 2012). "Under a cloud: Daybreak weatherman changes his mind on new job".
- ITV unveils racing team including weather forecaster Lucy Verasamy, Marcus Armytage, Telegraph, 17 October 2016