Louis Vasquez (American football)
Louis Nicholas Vasquez (born April 11, 1987) is a former American football guard. He played college football at Texas Tech, and was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He currently coaches the offensive line at Central Catholic Marianist High School in San Antonio, Texas
Vasquez with the Denver Broncos
|Born:||April 11, 1987|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||335 lb (152 kg)|
|High school:||Corsicana (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 3 / Pick: 78|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
College awards and honorsEdit
San Diego ChargersEdit
At the 2009 NFL Combine, Vasquez bench pressed 225 pounds 39 times. His 39 repetitions were the highest of any participant at the combine. Vasquez was drafted in the 3rd round (78th overall) by the San Diego Chargers.
During the Chargers' training camp, Vasquez competed for the right guard starting position with veteran Kynan Forney. Vasquez won the job, and Forney (who was dealing with a neck injury at the time) was later released from the team. Vasquez became the sole rookie in the starting lineup. Over the next three seasons, however, he played mostly at right tackle.
Vasquez was selected to be in the 2014 Pro Bowl after not allowing a single sack in 2013. He could not play due to the Broncos appearance in Super Bowl XLVIII. On February 7, 2016, Vasquez was part of the Broncos team that won Super Bowl 50. In the game, the Broncos defeated the Carolina Panthers by a score of 24–10.
Vasquez was released by the team on March 8, 2016.
After Vasquez's release, The Denver Post published a story that explained, "Vasquez, 28, was the Broncos' starter at right guard for the past three seasons. He was released to save the team salary cap space. The Broncos did not approach him about restructuring his contract. Vasquez was an all-pro in 2013, but over the past two seasons, struggled with nagging injuries and shifting positions. His power blocking prowess was not a great fit in Broncos coach Gary Kubiak's zone blocking scheme." 
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- "2007 All-Big 12 Football Awards Announced".
- "2008 All-Big 12 Football Awards Announced".
- "Rivals.com 2008 All-America Teams". Archived from the original on December 16, 2008.
- "Associated Press names 2008 All-America Team".
- "Texas Tech's Vasquez dominates O-line bench press".
- "2009 team preview: San Diego Chargers".
- "CHARGERS NOTES: Team changes mind, keeps undrafted Spillman".
- Broncos beef up offensive line with Louis Vasquez
- "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- "Broncos release Louis Vasquez, Owen Daniels and Aaron Brewer". Denver Broncos. Retrieved August 7, 2017.