Louis Harvy Chalif
- The Chalif Text Book of Dancing (1914)
- The Chalif Text Book of Dancing: Further exercises (1915)
- The Chalif Text Book of Dancing: Greek dancing (1920)
- Russian festivals and costumes for pageant and dance (1921)
- Louis H. Chalif Normal School Of Dancing
- "Louis H. Chalif, Master of Dancing, 61. Founder of School Here Dies. Dean of Teachers, He Decried Modern Music and Steps". New York Times. November 25, 1948. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- "Louis Chalif". Archived from the original on December 6, 2009. Retrieved 2018-07-28.
Louis Harvy Chalif, who was born in 1876, was a renowned Russian ballet dancer. He began studying ballet at the age of nine in Odessa, Russia. He studied at the Government Theatre under Thomas L. Njinski, the father of the great artist, Vaslav. He traveled as a dancer with the Imperial Moscow Ballet, under the supervision of Lidia M. Gerten, the prima ballerina of the day.
|This article about someone associated with the art of ballet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|