Los Angeles Business Journal
The Los Angeles Business Journal, established in 1979, is a weekly newspaper and online news source in Los Angeles, California, which provides award-winning comprehensive coverage of local business news. According to the Journal's website, it has a weekly print circulation of 24,000 and over 40,000 unique monthly website visitors. It is published each Monday.
|Headquarters||5700 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 170 Los Angeles, CA 90036|
The Los Angeles Business Journal was established in 1979. In 1986, American City Business Journals acquired the LABJ with the purchase of Scripps Howard Business Journals. In 1988, ACBJ sold the Los Angeles and San Diego Business Journals to CBJ Associates.
The Alliance of Area Business Publications, a professional association comprising mainly city-based business journals, recognized the Los Angeles Business Journal with seven awards in 2013 and six awards in 2012. The newspaper has been recognized with Gold Awards for Best Newspaper, Best Overall Design, Best Print Scoop, and Best Features. It's also won Silver Awards for Best Coverage of Local Breaking News, Best Special Section Design, Best Feature Layout, Best Personality Profile, and Best Use of Photography/Illustration.
In 2012, the Business Journal won three awards from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers, which is a professional association made up of newspaper business sections and other business news organizations. The awards were for General Excellence, Best Investigative Story and Best Explanatory Story.
The Los Angeles Press Club has awarded the Business Journal First Place in several categories, including Best Headlines, Columnist, News Feature, Entertainment News or Feature, Business Feature. Reporter Richard Clough has also won Journalist of the Year in the Business Journal’s circulation category, based on a sampling of his articles.
The editorial department of the Los Angeles Business Journal publishes over 50 reference lists within the paper, identifying the top firms in Los Angeles, and including a list of the 50 wealthiest people (Wealthiest Angelenos). At the end of each year, the Business Journal publishes their flagship Book of Lists, a compilation of all the lists that have run during the year.
The Los Angeles Business Journal also publishes 30+ special reports, produced by the editorial department. The special reports, lists and supplements are all located within the pages of the paper.
The Los Angeles Business Journal hosts a series of annual events, including:
- Commercial Real Estate Awards
- Business Hall of Fame
- Economic Forecast and Trends
- Diversity and Inclusion Summit
- Healthcare Leadership Forum & Awards
- Women's Council and Awards
- CIO/CTO Awards
- Best Places to Work Awards
- CFO of the Year Awards
- Corporate Counsel of the Year Awards
- Patrick Soon-Shiong Innovation Awards
- Fastest Growing Private Companies
- Fashion Awards
The Los Angeles Business Journal is owned by California Business Journals and is the largest of its publications.
- "Staff". Los Angeles Business Journal. Archived from the original on January 5, 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2010.
- "Los Angeles Business Journal". Mondo Times. Retrieved 13 January 2010.
- "Los Angeles Business Journal". Business Magazine Subscriptions. Archived from the original on 12 October 2007.
- "Advertising with the Los Angeles Business Journal". Los Angeles Business Journal.
- "Media Planning Guide" (PDF). Los Angeles Business Journal. 2006.
- Two Companies Merging Business Journal Divisions
- Investor Group to Buy L.A., San Diego Business Journals
- Business Publisher Resigns to Head Australian Venture
- "LABJ Wins a Top Journalism Award". Los Angeles Business Journal. 2013. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "Business Journals Win National and Local Honors". Los Angeles Business Journal. 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-08-26. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-12-15. Retrieved 2012-08-09.