Little Baby Bum
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Little Baby Bum (also known as LBB and LittleBabyBum) is a YouTube channel that specialises in 3D animation videos of both traditional nursery rhymes and their own original children's songs. London based Derek Holder teamed up with his wife to design videos that reflected classic nursery rhymes, with a modern aesthetic. Little Baby Bum is also available in six additional languages; Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, German, French and Japanese.
|Little Baby Bum|
|Subscribers||11 million +|
|Total views||13 billion +|
|Subscriber and view counts updated as of 30 July 2017.|
LBB Junior, a spin-off from LittleBabyBum, aimed at older children (4 to 6 years) was launched on 3 June 2016.
Little Baby Bum uploaded their first video, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, to YouTube on 29 August 2011. This was followed up, four months later, with their second upload, Baa Baa Black Sheep, a more complex and slightly longer video.
Little Baby Bum's popularity increased after the release of their 2nd compilation videos of approximately one hour of duration, simply by stringing individual videos into long form videos. The initial thinking was so that “parents wouldn't have to keep pressing the play button after each video had finished”.
In 2014, the OpenSlate company published a list with YouTube’s 10 most profitable channels of 2014, including Little Baby Bum in 4th position.
With over 1.9 billion views, Little Baby Bum's “Wheels On The Bus | Plus Lots More Nursery Rhymes | 54 Minutes Compilation” is the seventeenth most viewed video of all time, the second most viewed non-music video of all time, and the seventeenth most disliked video of all time. This video has the highest watch time of any video on YouTube, surpassing Psy's "Gangnam Style", and was the first non-music video to reach 1 billion views.
LittleBabyBum signed a licensing deal to launch a set of plush toys of its main characters, extracted from the traditional English nursery rhymes, like Incy Wincy Spider or Baa Baa Black Sheep. This deal has been signed with Commonwealth Toy, the same company that makes plush versions of Angry Birds, and also distributes products for Care Bears and SpongeBob. This is the first time that a children's YouTube channel makes the move to physical toys.
The plush toys went on general release on 18 May 2016.
Parragon Books have signed a multiple book deal with initial release dates for end of 2016.
There are over 60 Little Baby Bum Nursery Rhyme Friends characters of which the main ones are: Mia, Jacus, Polly, Twinkle, Baby Panda, Incy Wincy, Pig / Super Pig, Daisy, Baa Baa, Cow, Carl, Old Mac, Kitten, LBB Yellow Bus, Stan The Monster and Willium.
- “Little Baby Bum: how UK couple built world's fifth-biggest YouTube channel”, The Guardian, 19 March 2015.
- “Wheels on the Bus beats One Direction in Little Baby Bum's YouTube rise”, The Guardian, 17 June 2015.
- "YouTube’s 10 most profitable channels of 2014 were, um, not what I expected", VentureBeat, January 2nd, 2015.
- "Wheels On The Bus Compilation from LittleBabyBum!". YouTube. Retrieved September 7th, 2015.
- MyTop100Videos. "Top 500 Most Viewed Videos of All Time". YouTube. Retrieved September 7th, 2015.
- MyTop100Videos. “Most Viewed Videos of 2014 (Non-VEVO)". YouTube. Retrieved September 7th, 2015.
- , MyTop100Videos, January 26, 2016
- , Guinness World Records 2017
- "Bigger than X Factor: YouTube channel Little Baby Bum moves into toys", The Guardian, 10 August 2015
- "Parragon Books - Little Baby Bum"
- "Sky TV"
- "Ketchup TV"