Lisa Bonchek Adams
Lisa Deborah Bonchek Adams (July 29, 1969 – March 6, 2015) was an American writer, blogger, and outspoken supporter of and advocate for breast cancer research, employing social media, including her own personal blog as well as Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Lisa Deborah Bonchek Adams was born in Nashville, Tennessee. July 29, 1969. Her parents were Dr. Lawrence Bonchek and Dr. Rita Bonchek. She studied at Cornell University and later graduated from Franklin & Marshall College. She earned a master's degree in sociology from Rutgers.
Adams had been treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. She was one of many people who publicly condemned a decision in 2012 by Susan G. Komen for the Cure to stop funding breast care at Planned Parenthood; the decision was reversed shortly afterwards. Adams lived in Darien, Connecticut, where she died at age 45. She was survived by her parents, brother, husband and three children.
- "Lisa Adams' blog".
- "Lisa Adams' Twitter feed".
- Liz Szabo (March 9, 2015). "Breast cancer blogger dies at 45". USA TODAY. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- Bruce Weber "Lisa Bonchek Adams Dies at 45; Chronicled Fight With Breast Cancer", nytimes.com, March 9, 2015; accessed March 20, 2015.
- NYT obituary: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/health/lisa-bonchek-adams-dies-at-45-chronicled-fight-with-breast-cancer.html?_r=0
- "Remembering Lisa Adams" by Katie Rosman in New York Times: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/style/remembering-lisa-adams.html
- "Tweet, Memory" by Dani Shapiro in The New Yorker: http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/lisa-bonchek-adams-tweet-memory
- "Make the Most of Your Day" by Zeynep Tufekci in Medium: https://medium.com/message/make-the-most-of-your-day-351b6e631e0c
- "How Do We Mourn on Social Media?" by Bethanne Patrick in The Mid: 
- Keller Controversy
- Emma Keller's original Guardian piece: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/08/lisa-adams-tweeting-cancer-ethics
- Emma Keller resigns from Guardian: https://web.archive.org/web/20150331034821/http://www.poynter.org/news/mediawire/249191/emma-gilbey-keller-has-resigned-from-the-guardian/
- HuffPo on Keller controversy: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/bill-keller-cancer-victim-op-ed_n_4588454.html
- Keller's piece: https://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/13/opinion/keller-heroic-measures.html
- New Yorker coverage: http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/tweeting-cancer