|Commune de Limete|
The Limete Tower
Limete on map of Kinshasa city-province
Kinshasa city-province on map of DR Congo
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Burgomaster||Douglas Nkulu Numbi|
|• Total||67.6 km2 (26.1 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,600/km2 (14,000/sq mi)|
Limete is located south of the Pool Malebo between the mouths of the Funa and Ndjili rivers. The eastern boundary is the Ndjili going south down to Boulevard Lumumba (RN1). The western boundary from the north follows the Funa, Boulevard Lumumba, and Avenue de L'Université down to Avenue Kikwit. From there the southern boundary rejoins Boulevard Lumumba to the east via Avenue Sefu and the Limete Tower interchange.
The administration of Limete is led by an unelected government appointed burgomaster (French: bourgmestre). As of 2020 the burgomaster is Douglas Nkulu Numbi. The reform of having burgomasters elected by communal councils awaits the inaugural election of these councils.
With 295,768 on its voter rolls Limete is an electoral district for both the election of a thirteen-member communal council and that of three deputies of the Provincial Assembly of Kinshasa. Both elections are by open list. For the National Assembly Limete is part of the Kinshasa III district (Mont Amba).
Nationwide communal council elections were scheduled for 22 September 2019 but did not take place. In December of that year President Tshisekedi declared that these elections would be held sometime in 2020.
The Provincial Assembly election was held as part of the general elections on 30 December 2018. Therese Masengo Muabuanga (UDPS/Tshisekedi), Jean Désiré Mbonzi Wa Mbonzi (MLC), and Gerard Mulumba Kongolo Wa Kongolo (UDPS/Tshisekedi) are the deputies representing Limete in the new legislature.
- Masiala (Général Masiala)
- "Relation: Limete (388599)". OpenStreetMap. Retrieved 24 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Institut National de la Statistique–RD Congo (2019). Annuaire Statistique RDC 2017 (PDF) (in French). Tableau 1.2. p. 36. Archived (PDF) from the original on 14 June 2020. Retrieved 9 Sep 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: location (link)
- "Kinshasa: le marché Luko à Limete-Mombele doté des toilettes publiques par le député national Godard Motemona". Actualite.cd (in French). 4 September 2020. Retrieved 23 Oct 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Annexes a la loi portant adoption de la repartition des sieges par circonscription electorale pour les elections legislatives" (PDF). www.ceni.cd (in French). CENI. pp. 4–5, 20–21, 29. Archived (PDF) from the original on 20 Sep 2018. Retrieved 10 Sep 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Musau, Mathy (12 December 2019). "Enfin, les élections urbaines et locales en 2020, promet Fatshi". Forum Des As (in French). Archived from the original on 10 Sep 2020. Retrieved 8 May 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Bosengele, Merdi (10 March 2019). "Législatives provinciales/Kinshasa Liste des députés provinciaux: revoici les noms, l'âge et la famille politique des élus !". La Prospérité (in French). Archived from the original on 4 July 2019. Retrieved 9 Sep 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Institut National de la Statistique–RD Congo (July 2015). Annuaire statistique 2014 (PDF) (in French). p. 33. Archived (PDF) from the original on 12 Mar 2019. Retrieved 9 Sep 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Limete.|