Lily Tirtasana Neo (Chinese: 梁莉莉; pinyin: Liáng Lì Lì; born 12 August 1953) is a Singaporean medical practitioner and politician. A member of the People's Action Party (PAP), Neo is a Member of Parliament (MP) for the Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng constituency within Jalan Besar Group Representation Constituency (GRC).
|Jalan Besar GRC (Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng)|
Assumed office |
11 September 2015
|Preceded by||Herself (Tanjong Pagar GRC, Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng)|
Lily Tirtasana Neo|
August 12, 1953
|Political party||People's Action Party|
|Education||Methodist High School (Penang)|
|Alma mater||Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland|
Early life and educationEdit
Neo was born in Medan, Indonesia on August 12, 1953. She studied at Primary Thamrin Methodist School in Medan from 1961 to 1969. Thereafter, she attended Methodist High School in Penang and furthered her studies in Australia before graduating with MB Bch BAO; LRCPO and LRCSI Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 1980.
Neo relinquished her Indonesian citizenship and has been a Singaporean for more than 35 years. Neo is married with two children who are both medical practitioners.
Neo entered politics in 1996 and was elected to Parliament as a Member of Parliament (MP) for Kim Seng within Kreta Ayer-Tanglin Group Representation Constituency (GRC) during the Singapore General Election in January 1997. Subsequently, she served as an MP for Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng in Jalan Besar Group Representation Constituency for three consecutive terms (2001, 2006 & 2015) and Tanjong Pagar Group Representation Constituency for one term (2011).
She has since returned to Jalan Besar GRC at the General Election 2015 when her ward was transferred back to the GRC.
Neo served as Chairperson for Tanjong Pagar Town Council until 2015  and Deputy Chairperson for the Social and Family Development Government Parliamentary Committee. Her current positions include serving as a Member for the Parliament House Committee and Transport Government Parliamentary Committee.
Neo previously served as Chairperson for various Government Parliamentary Committees, Chairperson for Jalan Besar Town Council and Treasurer for PAP Women's Wing.
- "Lily Tirtasana Neo". People's Action Party. Archived from the original on October 29, 2013. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- "Dr Lily Neo". Parliament of Singapore. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- "GE 2011: Election battleground laid out". AsiaOne. April 27, 2011.
- "Tanjong Pagar Town Council". Singapore Government. July 1, 2015.
- "12th Parliament Of Singapore Government Parliamentary Committees". People's Action Party. July 1, 2015.
- "Milestones". People's Action Party Women's Wing. July 1, 2015.
- Ashley Chia (17 September 2013). "Intervene early to help needy children: Lily Neo". Today. Singapore.
- Ng E-Jay (27 August 2008). "Dr Lily Neo speaks out vociferously over aid for poorest households". Sgpolitics.net (blog).
- "Profile | SG Tatler". Sg.asiatatler.com. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "15 Years Member of Parliament Dr. Lily Neo". Korean Press. 24 April 2012.