Life with Murder
Life with Murder is a Canadian documentary film, directed by John Kastner and released in 2010. The film profiles Brian and Leslie Jenkins, a couple in Chatham, Ontario who are struggling to cope and heal after their son Mason was convicted of murdering their daughter Jennifer.
|Life with Murder|
|Directed by||John Kastner|
|Produced by||Silva Basmajain|
|Edited by||Greg West|
|Distributed by||CTV Television Network|
The film premiered at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival on May 1, 2010, and was distributed primarily as a television film which aired on CTV Television Network on August 31, 2010.
The film won the Donald Brittain Award for Best Social/Political Documentary Program at the 26th Gemini Awards, and the International Emmy Award for Best Documentary at the 39th International Emmy Awards.
- "How parents cope when one sibling kills another". Toronto Star, April 28, 2010.
- "When your daughter's killer is your son: Documentary paints portrait of parents' 'unconditional love'". Toronto Star, August 31, 2010.
- "Jenkins family 'thrilled' by reception to murder documentary: director". Canadian Press, May 7, 2010.
- "Robertson gets Gemini for journalism contribution". Waterloo Region Record, August 31, 2011.
- Vlessing, Etan (November 22, 2011). "John Kastner's Life With Murder wins International Emmy". Playback. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|