Playback is an online Canadian film, broadcasting, and interactive media trade journal owned by Brunico Communications. It was previously published biweekly as a print magazine for the Canadian entertainment industry. It is widely considered to be a "must read" amongst industry professionals.
The first issue of Playback magazine was published, in tabloid format, on September 29, 1986.
The magazine has since begun to report on advancements in the online digital media industry as well, specifically web series and related events, media, and culture. The magazine also reports on funding resources for filmmakers, technical advancements in the industry, and trends. It is widely considered to be a "must read" amongst industry professionals.
- "Playback". The Globe and Mail, August 23, 1986.
- Jim Shenkman, Founding Publisher[better source needed]
- Cummins, Julianna (March 23, 2016). "Riftworld, Sudden Master win at Vancouver Web Fest". Playback. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- Pinto, Jordan (March 29, 2016). "Bell Fund distributes $5.4M across 30 projects". Playback. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- Bailey, Katie (November 20, 2015). "Playback names its Best of the Year". Playback. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Takeuchi, Craig (May 20, 2010). "Playback goes on-line only, Boards mag ceases publication". The Georgia Straight. Vancouver. Archived from the original on May 25, 2010.