Location of Lieto in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Esko Poikela|
|• Total||302.56 km2 (116.82 sq mi)|
|• Land||198.51 km2 (76.65 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.66 km2 (0.64 sq mi)|
|Area rank||235th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||61st largest in Finland|
|• Density||99.97/km2 (258.9/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||97.3% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||21.8%|
|• 15 to 64||64.7%|
|• 65 or older||13.5%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||18.5%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Southwest Finland region. The municipality has a population of 19,846 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 302.56 square kilometres (116.82 sq mi) of which 1.66 km2 (0.64 sq mi) is water. The population density is 99.97 inhabitants per square kilometre (258.9/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Lieto has a medieval stone church, St. Peter's church, that originates from around 1500 near the city center.
The municipality is also home to the largest local scout troop in Finland, called LEK or Liedon Eränkävijät.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Media related to Lieto at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Lieto – Official website
- St. Peter's Church in Lieto (in Finnish)
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|