Leblon(Redirected from Leblon, Rio de Janeiro)
Leblon is the most affluent neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Neighboring Ipanema is regarded as the second most affluent area in Rio de Janeiro. It is also the name of the local beach. The neighborhood is located in the south zone of the city, between Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, Morro Dois Irmãos and the Jardim de Alá channel, bordering the Gávea, Ipanema, Lagoa, and Vidigal neighborhoods. It is regarded as having the most expensive price per residential square meter in Latin America.
|State||Rio de Janeiro (RJ)|
|Municipality/City||Rio de Janeiro|
|• Total||2.15 km2 (0.83 sq mi)|
Leblon is adjacent to Ipanema but more exclusive, being the home of rich and famous people. The beach is quieter and more relaxed than the hip and trendy beach of Ipanema.
Leblon in popular cultureEdit
Leblon is known for being a very cosmopolitan neighbourhood, with a lively nightlife across its bars, restaurants and nightclubs. Leblon has been either referenced or depicted in the following media:
- Viver a Vida, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from September 2009 to May 2010.
- Páginas da Vida, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from July 2006 to March 2007.
- Mulheres Apaixonadas, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from February to October 2003.
- Laços de Familia, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from June 2000 to February 2001.
- Por Amor, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from October 1997 to May 1998.
- História de Amor, a telenovela produced by Rede Globo aired from July 1995 to March 1996.
Leblon has also been the subject of many songs such as
- "Falso Leblon", "Choque de Ordem", "Haiti", "O namorado" and "O quereres" by Caetano Veloso
- "Óculos" by Paralamas do Sucesso
- "Inverno" by Adriana Calcanhotto
- "Sexo, amor, traição" by Luciana Mello
- "Andar, andar" and "Tesoura do desejo" by Alceu Valença
- "Aquilo bom (garotas do Leblon)" by Elba Ramalho
- "Daqui pro Meier" by Ed Motta
- "Balanço Zona Sul" by Tito Madi
- "Completamente Blue" by Cazuza
- "Virgem" by Marina Lima
- "Tardes no Leblon" by Alberto Rosenblit
among many others.
In the 1970s Moraes Moreira, Patricia Rombauer, Dona Vavá, Pedro Sayad, Claudia Laplan and Carlos van den Bosch were some of the famous residents of this area.
- "RA VI - Lagoa" (in Portuguese). Prefeitura da Cidade do Rio de Janeiro. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "Bairro: Leblon" (in Portuguese). Prefeitura da Cidade do Rio de Janeiro. Retrieved 25 September 2014.