Landmark Cases: Historic Supreme Court Decisions
Landmark Cases: Historic Supreme Court Decisions is a series first aired by C-SPAN in the fall of 2015 about 12 key cases argued in front of the U.S. Supreme Court. A second season aired in the winter and spring of 2018, in which 12 additional cases were discussed. Each episode is 90 minutes long, airs live, and examines a specific case in detail. The series is hosted by Susan Swain, and episodes typically feature two legal scholars discussing the case, video footage from locations pertinent to the case, and questions and comments from viewers. C-SPAN produced the series in conjunction with the National Constitution Center.
|Presented by||Susan Swain|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||24|
|Executive producers||Mark Farkas|
|Running time||90 minutes|
|First shown in||October 5, 2015 – December 21, 2015;|
February 26, 2018 - May 14, 2018
Supreme Court journalist Tony Mauro wrote companion books for each season, which were published by C-SPAN and CQ Press. They drew on Mauro's earlier book Illustrated Great Decisions of the Supreme Court.
Table of episodesEdit
- "BEGINNING FEBRUARY 26, 2018: A Second Season of C-SPAN's Special History Series: "Landmark Cases: Historic Supreme Court Decisions"" (PDF). C-SPAN. Retrieved 25 February 2018.
- Eggerton, John (10 September 2015). "C-SPAN Profiles Landmark Supreme Court Cases". Broadcasting & Cable. Archived from the original on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "Landmark Cases Book". Landmark Cases. C-SPAN. Archived from the original on 10 March 2016. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Landmark Cases: Historic Supreme Court Decisions, Volume 2". C-SPAN.
- Walsh, Mark (20 November 2015). "C-SPAN to Examine Brown v. Board of Education in 'Landmark Cases' Series". Education Week. Archived from the original on 5 April 2016. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- Official website
- Discussion of Landmark Cases and the cases discussed therein, hosted by Jeffrey Rosen, September 16, 2015
- Q&A interview with Tony Mauro about the companion book for Landmark Cases, October 4, 2015
- Landmark Cases Second Season Launch; Discussion with Jeffrey Rosen, Akhil Amar, and Michael Paulsen, February 19, 2018